MPPT fan/controller

rusty69

Featured Posts

Just now, Jess-- said:

glad you've got it running again, grab a spare fan as it's probably worn the shaft a bit by running dry so could fail again in the future.

Thanks. I will look out for one. I have a less powerful one i bought on ebay (0.37A instead of 0.55A) which may suit at a pinch. 

• 7 months later...
On 14/08/2018 at 19:19, Jess-- said:

2 wires or 3 on the fan?

if there is three then the third (usually white) wire is a speed measurement output.

a replacement fan should be easily found on ebay or similar given the dimensions or model / part No (of the fan not the controller)

edited to add...

a replacement fan should be cheap enough as a test before scrapping the unit

Warning.Thread resurrection.

Recap. The fan on the MPPT controller packed up. The bearing was oiled and it ran again for some months and stopped again.

New bit. I got a similar replacement fan, but it has 3 wires, not the two of the original. 

Question. Is it likely to run off two wires,if I ignore the third (Yellow,speed measurement wire?)

Thankyou.

1 hour ago, rusty69 said:

Warning.Thread resurrection.

Recap. The fan on the MPPT controller packed up. The bearing was oiled and it ran again for some months and stopped again.

New bit. I got a similar replacement fan, but it has 3 wires, not the two of the original. 

Question. Is it likely to run off two wires,if I ignore the third (Yellow,speed measurement wire?)

Thankyou.

Yes

• Happy 1

Well....The good news is, the new fan goes round and round

The bad news is it goes round and round on high speed and the charger has no output.I think the old fan was a two speed job.

Back to the drawing board.

Edited by rusty69