slip ways and crane access nearby peak forest canal

Dave1976

Featured Posts

Good Afternoon could anybody give me advice please. I have recently purchased my first narrow boat and it is currently on the peak forest canal and i need to get it to a nearby slip way so i can stand a 50tonne crane to lift on to a transporter lorry. and also of anybody that would be willing to tow my 47foot boat to the slip way as not currently running. many thanks Dave

5 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Ah, ok. Hopefully one of the mods will remove the other one (think @BruceinSanity reported it).:)

I did, but was told by a mod that as it was asking for suggestions, putting it in Suggestions and Feedback was ok. My apologies to the OP, I’d thought that was for Forum related stuff, silly me.

Anyway, my suggestion of approaching NCCC at High Lane has also come up here.

6 hours ago, Dave1976 said:

Good Afternoon could anybody give me advice please. I have recently purchased my first narrow boat and it is currently on the peak forest canal and i need to get it to a nearby slip way so i can stand a 50tonne crane to lift on to a transporter lorry. and also of anybody that would be willing to tow my 47foot boat to the slip way as not currently running. many thanks Dave

Where are you transporting it to? Presumably a boatyard to get it fixed?

Thanks for the suggestions i have spoke to Brian at nccc he has room for the crane and may even be able to assist with towing from Furness vale. does anybody know of any closures between these two points please that could also cause me an issue.

1 hour ago, Dave1976 said:

Hi does anybody know of a location that i can set up a 50t crane near Furness vale end of the peak Forrest canal to lift out my boat

Speak to some of the boat transport experts such as Ray Bowern and Tuckeys, what they won't know about craneage locations probably isn't worth knowing