alvecote historic boat gathering

Jrtm

Featured Posts

cast it are if and put it on Facebook mlat page.

well I still didn't make it but im only an hour out. 7.30 set off 3 hold ups but 2 of the nice people let me past. and at the time a sick national due to someone forgot to change the fuel filter. got stuck twice not bad to say I was about 13-15, hours away.

Edited by billybobbooth

21 hours ago, matty40s said:

It's been on and off quite a bit recently due to tiller welding works and repainting.... might get sorted before Christmas...

If you are going to leave it till Christmas .Ditch the rigging screws & do it properly ?

49 minutes ago, Carl Ryan said:

What time is the boat parade on sunday. I am hoping to come and would like to be there for the parade.

Carl

This suggests that each day the parade will be at 2:00 p.m.

(My own experience is that it starts just at the exact point there is a heavy downpouring of rain!)

Well CRT's work on Glascote top lock and last night's rain have returned the Alvecote pound to near normal levels, and for the first time since mid July DQ is rubbing on the tyres at her mooring, rather than having her ar*e end sticking out the into the cut.

20180823_132340.jpg

Well CRT's work on Glascote and last night's rain have returned the Alvecote pound to near normal levels, and for the first time since mid July DQ is rubbing on the tyres at her mooring, rather than having her ar*e end sticking out the into the cut.

Edited by cuthound
Missing worm

Took Zeus to Alvecote today. Mixed results, initially he was not that reactive to the other dogs, but the longer we stayed, the more reactive he became.

Overall spent much more time watching Zeus than watching boats, so had to leave before the end of the parade.

Apologies to Chris B,  for the times when Zeus drowned out his commentary, and to those whose dogs were on the receiving end of Zeus' reactivity.

Met Tree Monkey (who recognised Zeus from CWDF), Blue String Pudding and Cheshire Rose. Waved at the Finchers and Mike Adams as they boated past.

Will try again next year when hopefully his behaviour will have improved.

1 hour ago, cuthound said:

Took Zeus to Alvecote today. Mixed results, initially he was not that reactive to the other dogs, but the longer we stayed, the more reactive he became.

Overall spent much more time watching Zeus than watching boats, so had to leave before the end of the parade.

Apologies to Chris B,  for the times when Zeus drowned out his commentary, and to those whose dogs were on the receiving end of Zeus' reactivity.

Met Tree Monkey (who recognised Zeus from CWDF), Blue String Pudding and Cheshire Rose. Waved at the Finchers and Mike Adams as they boated past.

Will try again next year when hopefully his behaviour will have improved.

Twas a pleasure to meet you and your other half and of course Zeus

2 hours ago, tree monkey said:

Twas a pleasure to meet you and your other half and of course Zeus

Likewise, it is always nice to meet forum members, and even better when they prove to as nice as their CWDF personas.  ☺

Made my first visit to Alvecote today and thoroughly enjoyed it. Hope the weather doesn't spoil it for you all tomorrow. Alan love the matching Flamingo jumpers. Photos of today on the Flicker link below in albums sorry to anyone I missed

4 minutes ago, meerdog said:

Made my first visit to Alvecote today and thoroughly enjoyed it. Hope the weather doesn't spoil it for you all tomorrow. Alan love the matching Flamingo jumpers. Photos of today on the Flicker link below in albums sorry to anyone I missed

Nice photos, couple of my back on England.

Saw a few CWDF members but didn't get a chance to actually speak to many.

49 minutes ago, meerdog said:

Photos of today on the Flicker link below in albums sorry to anyone I missed

Thanks for making your images available as it looks to be going well.

Unfortunately I am working 12 hour shifts right through the bank holiday weekend but hopefully I will be at Alvecote next year, and all being well I will have my boat there as well :captain:

Edited by pete harrison

1 hour ago, meerdog said:

Excellent - thank you.

This particular shot has captured the sartorial elegance of my chosen steerer's attire almost perfectly!

IMG_3428

• Happy 1