40gb mobile broadbandfor £16/mo on Three (inc Go Binge)

Psycloud

Featured Posts

Saw this the other day and decided to go for it as we've started using Netflix and Deezer a fair bit.  Three are offering 40Gb mobile broadband Sim only for £16 per month including Go Binge so streaming from Netflix doesn't come out of the allowance.  I had to phone them because I couldn't manually enter my address, and they gave it me for £14 a month.  Admittedly it's a 24 month contract but for the price I couldn't find anything better.

Might be useful for others with heavy streaming requirements.  http://store.three.co.uk/view/searchTariff?priceplan=&deviceType=SIM_ONLY_MBB&greatForServices=

This includes tethering by the way,

Edited by Psycloud

Looks pretty good to me, so thanks for sharing. 

I have 30GB to tether (plus Go Binge) as part of my 15 quid 3 phone contract which, as well as unlimited calls, covers all the streaming I need but, for those who can't manage with a phone as their point of access, this seems a pretty competetive offering. 

I get 40gb data + unlimited calls and texts + 2gb of roaming data on my phone on vodafone for £25/month, so I just tether wirelessly to the laptop and no need for a separate broadband/data contract. 

40gb isn't adequate for "heavy streaming" I'm afraid... You'll soon use that up if you're streaming films. 

Edited by blackrose

4 minutes ago, blackrose said:

I get 40gb data + unlimited calls and texts + 2gb of roaming data on my phone on vodafone for £25/month, so I just tether wirelessly to the laptop and no need for a separate broadband/data contract. 

40gb isn't adequate for "heavy streaming" I'm afraid... You'll soon use that up if you're streaming films. 

So your 40Gb may not be enough streaming films through netflix, but the package suggested by the OP may. 

I would love an inclusive minutes deal with tethering but rely on connecting to an external aerial for a signal, so unfortunately not possible for me. 

I'm a great fan of 3's Go Binge package.  Not only can you watch Netflix without affecting your data allowance but you can also watch many other channels in the same way with tvplayer.

We were fed up with poor TV reception on our mooring so we've done away with aerials and use a computer with a HDMI connection to  12v Cello TV.  Works a treat.

5 hours ago, koukouvagia said:

I'm a great fan of 3's Go Binge package.  Not only can you watch Netflix without affecting your data allowance but you can also watch many other channels in the same way with tvplayer.

We were fed up with poor TV reception on our mooring so we've done away with aerials and use a computer with a HDMI connection to  12v Cello TV.  Works a treat.

May I, at the risk of being dim, ask what tvplayer is? How it works? Does it cost! Is it just a download? I have a 'thing' that one of my sons bought me a few years ago. Connects iPad, computer etc to telly. It's a Crome cast. A kind of fire stick I reckon.  Will this work? Never been able to get it to link. My problem. I am dim.

59 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

May I, at the risk of being dim, ask what tvplayer is? How it works? Does it cost! Is it just a download? I have a 'thing' that one of my sons bought me a few years ago. Connects iPad, computer etc to telly. It's a Crome cast. A kind of fire stick I reckon.  Will this work? Never been able to get it to link. My problem. I am dim.

https://tvplayer.com  It's a free piece of software you download. I think you may have to register, I can't remember.   The only drawback I've found is that you can't view local BBC news.  (Neither, alas, are you allowed to see The Simpsons for copyright reasons ?)

1 hour ago, koukouvagia said:

https://tvplayer.com  It's a free piece of software you download. I think you may have to register, I can't remember.   The only drawback I've found is that you can't view local BBC news.  (Neither, alas, are you allowed to see The Simpsons for copyright reasons ?)

Thanks for that.

Spoken to my eldest son, my gadget advisor. He has said wot you said. My cromecast is a bit dated in comparison to the Amazon Fire Stick. So, an investment is required me thinks. Son says that the fire stick, sticks into the telly, also Cello, and will connect directly with my Three fed dongle. I would need confirmation that Go Binge covers more than just Netflix and limited other channels regarding data usage.

Exciting times.

1 hour ago, koukouvagia said:

Iirc, if you watch the BBC over tvplayer, it chops across to iPlayer and hence the data used is no longer included under Go Binge.

15 hours ago, Nightwatch said:

Just read that only Dave and History is included via tvplayer on Go Binge.

?  From Three's own site:  

Take a deep breath, you're about to dive into Lifetime and find out who's Britain's Next Top Model. And the big surprise twist is that you can watch it without using up your data. Because streaming TV shows is now infinite.  Explore 100+ channels of live TV, including Dave, History®, Lifetime and Discovery anytime.

This is confusing. I read on the Three site what I wrote in my one of my previous posts. I think a call to Three is called for. 

Incidentially, I'm on 40gb but it costs me £20. Two year agreement. I wonder if they would honour the lower price for me.

It's easy to set your data to stop working if you use it all. I've done that on my phone and my router sims (both with three). That way, on the last day of your month, you can safely rinse whatever you have left without being charged or leaving any unused.

It's also pretty easy to keep an eye on your data usage via the three website.

Wow this annoys me....i called up as an existing customer and asked what deals they have.....i was told for an extra £25 would get me an aditional 25gb over my 15gb so 40gb and netglix binge. I already pay £20 per month.....thats £45 for what your already getting for £14 i told them to not bother ill go elsewhere....why does loyalty never get rewarded.....