Canal boat getaway thieves left 'high and dry'

Ray T

Featured Posts

Talking about police boats, a couple weeks ago when on the Ouse, I tried to take a pic of the Ouse River Police boat cos I loved the name, but I chickened out - think the police get iffy about people taking their photos... anyways, I found a pic of their boat (least I think the 'river patrol' is the police? Whatever.. that's near enough for me)

galloper_369_1.jpg.21bac47d3c615eb09fbf1395ef145e7c.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jennifer McM said:

Talking about police boats, a couple weeks ago when on the Ouse, I tried to take a pic of the Ouse River Police boat cos I loved the name, but I chickened out - think the police get iffy about people taking their photos... anyways, I found a pic of their boat (least I think the 'river patrol' is the police? Whatever.. that's near enough for me)

galloper_369_1.jpg.21bac47d3c615eb09fbf1395ef145e7c.jpg

The police boats on the east coast (maybe the one above) are named Alert.

My favourite is the one that ran aground on a sandbank........HMS Astute!

• Horror 1

5 hours ago, Ray T said:

There is / was an inspection type launch for sale at Braunston marina a couple of weeks ago, it had rear view mirrors at the front. It had dual steering positions however.

Obviously designed for learner drivers.....