Canal boat getaway thieves left 'high and dry'

Ray T

Featured Posts

A boat was used as a getaway vehicle by suspected robbers after a building site was targeted in Coventry, police said.

West Midlands Police

The Coventry and Solihull response team tweeted that officers had "barged onto the scene" and the robbers' plans had been left "high and dry".

One person was detained, they said, "but the Insp wouldn't let us make him walk the plank!"

West Midlands Police

Edited by Ray T

1 minute ago, Jennifer McM said:

Love "Police" written in reverse for rear-view mirrors.... ???

I posted this image in a similar thread a few years ago and someone took it for real, expostulatng about how stupid the police are and how they could easily catch a boat they are chasing by running along the towpath. Lol! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I posted this image in a similar thread a few years ago and someone took it for real, expostulatng about how stupid the police are and how they could easily catch a boat they are chasing by running along the towpath. Lol! 

Yeah, well, I was young and naive then! i ain't that stoopid no moor.

Edited by rusty69
moor, not more stupid

4 hours ago, Nightwatch said:

Plus, POLICE, written backwards. What's that all about. Not many boats with rear view mirrors!! How stupid.

There is / was an inspection type launch for sale at Braunston marina a couple of weeks ago, it had rear view mirrors at the front. It had dual steering positions however.

9 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

That's a good idea.  I may get some installed.  Always good to look one's best.

I use one of these too(see avatar). I expect you could get a rugby ball shaped one to keep your hair in place:-

Lego-hair-bike-helmet.png

Edited by rusty69

20 hours ago, Ray T said:

A boat was used as a getaway vehicle by suspected robbers after a building site was targeted in Coventry, police said.

West Midlands Police

The Coventry and Solihull response team tweeted that officers had "barged onto the scene" and the robbers' plans had been left "high and dry".

One person was detained, they said, "but the Insp wouldn't let us make him walk the plank!"

West Midlands Police

The boat is sat moored just by the old navigation pub at Bedworth, seen it yesterday, a good rainfall and its going to be on the bottom as no covers are over the cabin.

Hopefully the one that got away will return and take the piece of crap elsewhere, if its left for CRT to sort it then it may be there a while.