Rust-oleum

Featured Posts

Time is approaching for a repaint. Want to move away from high gloss to a silk/matt type finish - believe Mason's did this but they are no more. Just found Rustoleum which appears to be a decent solution. Does anybody have experience top coating the topsides with this? I have used their black on the gunwales satisfactorily. Or is there a better option?

Thanks

Colin

I have used Rustoleum Combi Colour and have been very pleased with the results. I'm not convinced that silk or matt would be easier to touch-up than gloss, but I have never used silk or matt on the boat. I would have thought it might be harder to keep a silk or matt finish looking clean?

I have had fantastic results with rustoleum. My roof especially was in a terrible state. After 6 years it looks almost as good as the day it was done without a single spot of rust coming through.

Don't be tempted to thin if you want it to stay shiny for a long period.

9 hours ago, blackrose said:

Isn't Rustoleum just Hammerite by another name or an I thinking of something else? 

Different manufacturers I believe. Hammerite is rubbish since they removed the xylene, don’t know about the Rustoleum composition.