12 Volt TV

Old Son

Featured Posts

I have a Cello tv on board and the dvd is playing up. Mostly it doesn’t work. I’ve bought a separate DVD player and now the tv is not picking up the signal from the hdmi port. I also have loads of trouble getting a signal on digital tv or satellite. I think I need a new tv!!

Can anybody recommend a 12volt 32” tv that has a scart input and a couple of hdmi’s. I don’t need anything else and I don’t want a Cello!!

Thanks

Have a look at Finlux - we're pleased with ours, had it almost 2 years now

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Finlux-22-12V-LED-Full-HD-TV-12-VOLT-24-V-DVD-Freeview-Caravan-Boat-HGV/132515436063?epid=12019359528&hash=item1eda89161f:g:6XMAAOSw3opbYxRn

Edited by Jennifer McM

1 minute ago, Halsey said:

Interesting - Have you the ability to comment on sound quality compared to cello?

No I can't tell you, but we do have a sound bar for when when we're watching a good film, or when there's music, other than that we don't bother as the sound bar is 240v

• Happy 1

55 minutes ago, Jennifer McM said:

I wanted to buy the finlux when we were looking for a new tv, but they wouldn't deliver to argos. They look better than the cello we ended up with, though not the 32" op is looking for. 

Our cello has lasted three yrs so far, so ok i spose in today's throw away world. 

3 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I wanted to buy the finlux when we were looking for a new tv, but they wouldn't deliver to argos. They look better than the cello we ended up with, though not the 32" op is looking for. 

Our cello has lasted three yrs so far, so ok i spose in today's throw away world. 

We bought another one after 6 months to watch in bed. We had it delivered while we were visiting a marina (Gt Heywood). 

6 minutes ago, Jennifer McM said:

We bought another one after 6 months to watch in bed. We had it delivered while we were visiting a marina (Gt Heywood). 

Wot.TV in bed......luxury!

ETA Twin finluxury!

Edited by rusty69
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jennifer McM said:

Do you know how many amps it draws on 12v? Since its marketed for caravans and boats why don't they put this in the item description? 

I find the sound on all Flat T.V's poor, especially with a hearing impairment. Mine improved significantly when I plugged a rechargeable speaker ( from Amazon for about £10 ) into the headphone jack. Much cheaper than a soundbar, and takes little to charge from a USB socket.

10 minutes ago, Ex Brummie said:

I find the sound on all Flat T.V's poor, especially with a hearing impairment. Mine improved significantly when I plugged a rechargeable speaker ( from Amazon for about £10 ) into the headphone jack. Much cheaper than a soundbar, and takes little to charge from a USB socket.

That's a good idea! ?

15 minutes ago, Ex Brummie said:

I've been using one of these for a few years. Great little speaker (Bluetooth too). 

google.com-1.jpg

• Greenie 1

11 minutes ago, Jennifer McM said:

Will keep an eye on Amazon, next time we pull into a marina for a day or so, will order one....

Thank you Rusty - btw love the lady snoopy ?

Here's the perfect way to keep an eye on it (in case you weren't aware of it!).

I have used it on numerous occasions to avoid overpaying when a price is high and also picked up several short-lived bargains.

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com

It works like this...

1. Copy the URL of an Amazon item into the Camels' search bar.

2. Check the price history graph to establish whether the current price looks high or low compared to the average.

3. If you want to buy at a lower price (hopefully) in the future enter a tracking amount and then sit back and hope an email comes before too long.

4. If it does, snap it up! The price may not last long.

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, Lily Rose said:

I have used it on numerous occasions to avoid overpaying when a price is high and also picked up several short-lived bargains.

It works like this...

2. Check the price history graph to establish whether the current price looks high or low compared to the average.

3. If you want to buy at a lower price (hopefully) in the future enter a tracking amount and then sit back and hope an email comes before too long.

I've never heard of camelcamelcamel.com... thank you! It sounds brilliant. Off now to experiment ?

4 minutes ago, Lily Rose said:

It works like this...

Does it work if you don't want to buy three camels? :)

My 26 inch mains tv draws 2.7 amps including the inverter load and extra speakers run from the usb thingy. Why buy 12 volt kit anymore? I do appreciate Fred and Wilma may not have a decent inverter but most people do have. Vastly better choice of kit to buy innitt.

Edited by mrsmelly