Fiamma Tube Pro adjustable 'Desmo' leg

Featured Posts

Does any have or have experience of these? It's a 70cm Desmo-type leg that's supplied with tapered plastic end caps rather than being tapered itself. It's supposed to be height-adjustable, but a quick Google doesn't turn anything about quite how it's adjusted - I'm not sure if it's a question of cutting down the metal leg itself, tweaking the end caps somehow, or what. I can't even find anything to say what length it is when unadjusted but with the end caps on!

All I really need to know is whether it can be tweaked to replace a 30"/76cm Desmo leg that's ended up being maybe 1cm too tall following the installation of our new flooring!

40 minutes ago, magictime said:

I'm not sure if it's a question of cutting down the metal leg itself,

I think it is a case of cutting the aluminium part to suit. The Fiamma site  (www.agentfiamma.co.uk/Fiamma-Table-System-Tube-Pro) seems to imply this:

The Fiamma Tube Pro is up to 72cm* long with end caps fitted but can easily be cut down to give your desired table height.

Try removing the plastic bits to see how easily they come off.  You could do a nice job with a big pipe cutter or run a ring of tape around making sure the edges end up parallel or a jubilee clip as a guide to hack saw.

Edited by philjw
to add the jubilee clip idea

12 hours ago, philjw said:

I think it is a case of cutting the aluminium part to suit. The Fiamma site  (www.agentfiamma.co.uk/Fiamma-Table-System-Tube-Pro) seems to imply this:

The Fiamma Tube Pro is up to 72cm* long with end caps fitted but can easily be cut down to give your desired table height.

Try removing the plastic bits to see how easily they come off.  You could do a nice job with a big pipe cutter or run a ring of tape around making sure the edges end up parallel or a jubilee clip as a guide to hack saw.

Thanks. Yeah, that quote is one of the things I can't make sense of - in pictures, the end caps seem to add considerably more than 1cm to each end, so how can the maximum length of the 70cm tube be only 72cm?

Unfortunately I can't 'try removing' anything as I don't own one - if I did, I'd be able to read the instructions, measure it etc. and hopefully the mystery would be solved! Maybe I'll try phoning a supplier or two.