Easy, safe moorings in Birmingham city centre.

Montgomery

Featured Posts

A terrible place to moor, those living in the apartments party all night long.  I wouldn't moor there.  And the last two occasions we moored in the loop there was a dodgy looking cruiser that looked like it had been abandoned.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peter Thornton said:

Moor at Gas Street during a Party Conference and you get a policeman with a machine gun - no trouble those few days ........

We were moored in centre of Birmingham in the days following the Manchester Arena bombing, there were pairs of police with assault rifles at all the stratagic points including outside Arena Birminham by Old Turn, if felt very strange.  We were moored on Oozell St loop (as you do, but I promise it is crap there), and I was on a conference call with work and 2 of the police strolled past the boat, it rather through me on the call, I guess we are just not used to seeing that.

The Conservative Party conference is on 29th Sept to 3rd Oct, so it you want to go past the ICC then you get the excitement.

6 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I don't think this one was telling porkies and he mentioned a boat with one round its prop, also photo of one on FB but you can't believe all you read on computers, just look as some of the half cocked stuff we get on here.

It always amuses me that people will report faults with the infrastructure or things such as fly tipping on Facebook or sometimes on here and complain about CRT but when you as if they have told CRT they go quiet. 

From what ive seen on this trip the guys on the ground are really happy to do all they can to look after the system and give advice but they need us boaters to help too and tell them if something needs attention especially if like an underwater obstruction it’s not obvious. 

• Greenie 2

1 hour ago, frangar said:

Can you put a reserved sign on it for me please!!! Lol. 

There is some nice blue barrier where the edge bricks have fell in, people are avoiding that. Only one boat here when we arrived about  2 30 ish there were also spaces above Farmers Bridge locks, through the first bridge. Lots of moorings reserved from the 20 August on the main line

• Greenie 1

20 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

There is some nice blue barrier where the edge bricks have fell in, people are avoiding that. Only one boat here when we arrived about  2 30 ish there were also spaces above Farmers Bridge locks, through the first bridge. Lots of moorings reserved from the 20 August on the main line

Yay. Nicely tucked up before the bridge on the loop....see what you mean about the bricks....someone misjudged the turn didn’t they!! Tis busy tho on the mainline.