Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Parahandy

Clueless Boris

Featured Posts

Unlike some Members on the Forum who suggested that Corbyns Troubles were created by the Right Wing Media in order to divert attention from the Conservatives and their handling of BREXIT , I dont believe Boris and his Burka Comment are in any way " media fanned " by the Left Wing Elements in our Society . I am reminded of some Comments David Schweizer made in another Thread about Boris and his relentless Self Interest , I think this could be the start of a long tortuous Conservative Leadership Campaign , Boris it seems to me is beginning to set out his stall and creating some distance between himself and the rest of the Party , these Comments of his are unhelpful Headlines at a difficult time for Theresa May and clearly they will cause some upset . Are we looking at another Enoch Powell Moment and possible expulsion from the Party ? I dont think we are , the Sun this morning is running a story with some Poll which says the Public dont even find the Comments Racist and until that Public Opinion changes I think Boris is safe .

• Greenie 1

I don't think the comments were racist, and the "letter box" comment was funny. Whether politicians should use such humour on sensitive matters is a matter of opinion. Personally, I'm all for it. The alternative, picking and choosing every word carefully, so not saying very much, for fear of censure, doesn't seem a great way to run a country.

Having said that, I don't like Boris very much. There's a darkness about him, can't put my finger on it but it's there, all the same.

• Greenie 1

39 minutes ago, Gareth E said:

I don't think the comments were racist, and the "letter box" comment was funny. Whether politicians should use such humour on sensitive matters is a matter of opinion. Personally, I'm all for it. The alternative, picking and choosing every word carefully, so not saying very much, for fear of censure, doesn't seem a great way to run a country.

Having said that, I don't like Boris very much. There's a darkness about him, can't put my finger on it but it's there, all the same.

I think he is an absolute Buffoon . I remember when he was elected London Mayor and became the Darling of the London Centric Liberal Elite , then he came out in support of BREXIT and was promptly vilified , such is Politics and People .

Clueless Corbyn yesterday. Clueless Boris today. Who's it gonna be tomorrow.................. Go on giz a clue! 

• Greenie 1

20 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Clueless Corbyn yesterday. Clueless Boris today. Who's it gonna be tomorrow.................. Go on giz a clue! 

Clueless CRT ?they have not had a Pointless Bashing for a while...

11 minutes ago, cereal tiller said:

Clueless CRT ?they have not had a Pointless Bashing for a while...

You are clueless CT. That has a boaty theme:)

Edited by rusty69

1 hour ago, Parahandy said:

Unlike some Members on the Forum who suggested that Corbyns Troubles were created by the Right Wing Media in order to divert attention from the Conservatives and their handling of BREXIT , I dont believe Boris and his Burka Comment are in any way " media fanned " by the Left Wing Elements in our Society . I am reminded of some Comments David Schweizer made in another Thread about Boris and his relentless Self Interest , I think this could be the start of a long tortuous Conservative Leadership Campaign , Boris it seems to me is beginning to set out his stall and creating some distance between himself and the rest of the Party , these Comments of his are unhelpful Headlines at a difficult time for Theresa May and clearly they will cause some upset . Are we looking at another Enoch Powell Moment and possible expulsion from the Party ? I dont think we are , the Sun this morning is running a story with some Poll which says the Public dont even find the Comments Racist and until that Public Opinion changes I think Boris is safe .

Do you have anything to discuss on the subject of boats or boating?

Your incessant posting of political topics when there is a rule against such topics is odd.

• Greenie 2

5 minutes ago, mayalld said:

Do you have anything to discuss on the subject of boats or boating?

Your incessant posting of political topics when there is a rule against such topics is odd.

It's okay it's all mildly entertaining. As for the rules that forbid this stuff. Rules have to be enforced and, apart from one who is seen but doesn't moderate, any of the other mods are conspicuous by their almost complete absence. A lot have come back from Thunderthighs or Thunderbox, or whatever it's called. Not a lot of point being an argumentative type if everyone agrees with what you say. Makes for a very boring forum so they are slowly making their way back here were everyone bites their trolling.

As I said I find it mildly amusing and for me it adds a bit of interest to this forum being as though I no longer have a boat.        Ummm just before I get vilified for that remark and for the benefit of someone who seems to think that having a boat is an absolute requirement of this forum, I am looking for another boat.  

• Greenie 1

39 minutes ago, pete.i said:

It's okay it's all mildly entertaining. As for the rules that forbid this stuff. Rules have to be enforced and, apart from one who is seen but doesn't moderate, any of the other mods are conspicuous by their almost complete absence. A lot have come back from Thunderthighs or Thunderbox, or whatever it's called. Not a lot of point being an argumentative type if everyone agrees with what you say. Makes for a very boring forum so they are slowly making their way back here were everyone bites their trolling.

As I said I find it mildly amusing and for me it adds a bit of interest to this forum being as though I no longer have a boat.        Ummm just before I get vilified for that remark and for the benefit of someone who seems to think that having a boat is an absolute requirement of this forum, I am looking for another boat.  

I agree - it would be a very strange "pub" that frowned on any form of political discussion, but in the case of Boris I'm not sure it counts as politics anyway.    

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

If Boris's thinly veiled racist ramblings are OK because so many people agree with him, then Jeremy Corbyn's left-wing views are also OK for exactly the same reason.

• Greenie 2

12 minutes ago, Neil2 said:

I agree - it would be a very strange "pub" that frowned on any form of political discussion, but in the case of Boris I'm not sure it counts as politics anyway.    

I am fairly relaxed about the rule being quietly ignored, provided no trouble ensues.

However, the OP seems to do NOTHING other than initiate political discussions.

• Greenie 2

40 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

If Boris's thinly veiled racist ramblings are OK because so many people agree with him, then Jeremy Corbyn's left-wing views are also OK for exactly the same reason.

I agree. The difference is that not many people will vote for the 'communist eutopia' that Corbyn seeks. More people prefer to be left alone to make their own decisions in life rather than having them micro managed by an authority. British people aren't ready for a lurch into communism, I doubt they ever will be.

42 minutes ago, mayalld said:

I am fairly relaxed about the rule being quietly ignored, provided no trouble ensues.

However, the OP seems to do NOTHING other than initiate political discussions.

Not strictly true and I have 40 years Boating experience to draw from so I could bore you for hours 😀

58 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

I agree with that Ian . I suppose the point of my Post was that Boris as far as I can make out is a Careerist Politician whereas Corbyn is a Conviction Politician ,

both I think in the Present Political Climate are utterly clueless .

2 hours ago, pete.i said:

Thanks Pete , I Personally haven't made my way back from anywhere but I understand what you mean . Interesting that you are looking for another Boat ?

The trouble with democracy is that ultimately the direction that a country takes is determined by those least able to make a sensible decision.

People will vote for Corbyn's ridiculous utopia, because they see advantage to them. They miss the fact that it cannot endure.

People will vote for Boris the Buffoon, because he says things that the liberal elite frown upon, and that appeal to people

They are both populists, and neither are fit to run a party in a brewery

5 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

So rather than bore us for hours on politics, why not bore us with your boating experience?

It is useful to discuss politics from time to time, but your excessive posting of political topics is going to push the forum towards a 'real' ban on ALL politics. Like most boaters do....keep you head down in confrontational areas. You are going to spoil it for the rest of us.

I take your Point Bob and its certainly not my wish to spoil anything for anyone . 

• Happy 1

Just been watching tv for a few minutes. I have buttons on a remote control and don't press the ones I don't want to watch.

• Greenie 4

3 hours ago, pete.i said:

Sorry Pete but Thunderboat has more members than ever and they post regularly, I go on both forums and post on both

5 hours ago, Parahandy said:

I think he is an absolute Buffoon . I remember when he was elected London Mayor and became the Darling of the London Centric Liberal Elite , then he came out in support of BREXIT and was promptly vilified , such is Politics and People .

I met him on Oxford street with Lynne my partner of the time, he was great company and showed us where we wanted to go, ok only half an hour or so but would Corbyn have done the same?

2 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

So rather than bore us for hours on politics, why not bore us with your boating experience?

Pumpout or cassette?

😱

11 minutes ago, Victor Vectis said:

Pumpout or cassette?

😱

No, it has to be Lithium.

2 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

It is useful to discuss politics from time to time, but your excessive posting of political topics is going to push the forum towards a 'real' ban on ALL politics. Like most boaters do....keep you head down in confrontational areas. You are going to spoil it for the rest of us.

A brilliant diagnosis by our resident Doctor, followed up by a  suitable course of treatment. 

What are the chances of the patients full recovery Dr Bob? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

What are the chances of the patients full recovery Dr Bob? 

Well after touching up the blacking on one side of the boat today, the chicken is looking fine but not too sure about the duck.😁

• Haha 1