Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
mrsmelly

Better weather

Featured Posts

At last proper British summer weather. Nice breeze and warm today without the vile heat and dreaded humidity.

Usually, by now my local tv anchor would have given up asking the weather girl "any sign of summer yet?" Most years people would be talking about a faint hope of an Indian summer, reluctant to accept the annual disappointment of yet another summer cancelled in favour of horizon to horizon grey overcast and three months of incessant drizzle. For once we have had a summer, don't knock it.

• Greenie 1

I would like a return to the summers of my childhood, warm and balmy......a happy medium not the extremes we have just had but I doubt that will ever happen now as Global Warming takes hold and just dishes out the extremes of weather we have been having in recent years.

Phil 

4 hours ago, Phil Ambrose said:

I would like a return to the summers of my childhood, warm and balmy......a happy medium not the extremes we have just had but I doubt that will ever happen now as Global Warming takes hold and just dishes out the extremes of weather we have been having in recent years.

Phil 

Those summers didn't really exist Phil, it's just selective memory kicking in. Every one remembers long hot summers and cold snowy winters from childhood but if you actually check the stats from your childhood years, the reality is quite different.

1 hour ago, Rickent said:

Those summers didn't really exist Phil, it's just selective memory kicking in. Every one remembers long hot summers and cold snowy winters from childhood but if you actually check the stats from your childhood years, the reality is quite different.

Where can I check the stats from 60 to 70 years ago,? I'm sure I'm not mistaken that those many years ago we did have proper seasons but now due to global warming that has all changed or perhaps Global Warming is a figment if our collective mind

Phil 

2 minutes ago, Phil Ambrose said:

Where can I check the stats from 60 to 70 years ago,? I'm sure I'm not mistaken that those many years ago we did have proper seasons but now due to global warming that has all changed or perhaps Global Warming is a figment if our collective mind

Phil 

Natural history museum? :D

• Horror 1

I remember getting sunstroke sitting on the kirb outside our pre-fab digging hot molten tar on the road edge with a lolly stick.

1 minute ago, bizzard said:

I remember getting sunstroke sitting on the kirb outside our pre-fab digging hot molten tar on the road edge with a lolly stick.

If your location is still Myanmar, I'm not surprised. 

5 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

If your location is still Myanmar, I'm not surprised. 

Twern't Rangoon, it was Ilford Essex, sunny gateway to the east.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

At last proper British summer weather. Nice breeze and warm today without the vile heat and dreaded humidity.

I am delighted by this as I had to give up on painting both Decks with the Epifanes Multiforte and that was with an early start . Everything else is done however and all I need is a day or two of this welcome change which you describe

On 08/08/2018 at 20:41, bizzard said:

I too remember as a small child sitting on the kerb outside our house in the blazing sun. No lolly stick but I remember I was eating my easter egg which was all floppy and melting from the heat. So couldn't have been later in the year than April.

Been raining for most of the last 24 hours, over a inch in the rain gauge.  I blame my neighbour as he put the first coat of paint on his roof. 

On 08/08/2018 at 18:19, Phil Ambrose said:

.........but now due to global warming that has all changed or perhaps Global Warming is a figment if our collective mind

Phil 

IT IS NOT GLOBAL WARMING. It's climate change. Global warming is when the CO2 level in the atmosphere increases to a point where global temperatures rise to....................oooooer..........I see your point.🙄

3 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

IT IS NOT GLOBAL WARMING. It's climate change. Global warming is when the CO2 level in the atmosphere increases to a point where global temperatures rise to....................oooooer..........I see your point.🙄

It's fab here today. Overcast and much cooler, it's brilliant boating weather 👍

Just now, mrsmelly said:

It's fab here today. Overcast and much cooler, it's brilliant boating weather 👍

Its raining in Napton today. First rain for a few months (apart from a few drips last week). Good decision to black the  port side above the waterline yesterday. St'bd side tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Its raining in Napton today. First rain for a few months (apart from a few drips last week). Good decision to black the  port side above the waterline yesterday. St'bd side tomorrow.

It looks nice and shiny