Property With Mooring @ Stratford

mark99

Featured Posts

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Here is another property with a mooring and fishing rights on the S&W https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-55695810.html

It has its own canal arm, and is remarkably convenient for Midland Chandlers.  But the M6 motorway is only just over 300 yards away, so the noise will be continuous.

• Happy 1

On 18/08/2018 at 23:19, David Mack said:

It has its own canal arm, and is remarkably convenient for Midland Chandlers.  But the M6 motorway is only just over 300 yards away, so the noise will be continuous.

It looks like a former pub. Is it?

8 minutes ago, fretman said:

Agreed, but nothing to suggest it was in the past.

Fair enough. It just has that look about it, and the short arm suggests an overnight stop for boats, though it was perhaps just a winding hole for traffic to a local factory, or maybe even a modern addition.

15 hours ago, David Mack said:

And a boat on a lorry opposite:

The house obviously wishes that it stood on the opposite side: according to the estate agent, it is situated in an "envious position".

5 minutes ago, fretman said:

No short arm and no winding hole,, it is on the offside, 120 ft approx 

You puzzle me exceedingly.

It obviously is a short arm, or a siding if you like. It could be used as a winding hole. Yes, in my experience the majority of winding holes are indeed on the offside. So why was it dug out, and did its purpose relate to the original purpose of the house for sale? I bet someone on here will know.

2 minutes ago, fretman said:

Take a look at google earth .

Sorry, I thought you might have known the answer yourself. I have no experience of using "Google Earth" but I'll have a go and see what i can learn from it.

The cottage is on the , Worcester & Birmingham canal,  between bridges 41 & 42    with no arm or winding holes. have moored my boat , 70' along side for the past 18 years and the previous owner as well, 

29 minutes ago, fretman said:

The cottage is on the , Worcester & Birmingham canal,  between bridges 41 & 42    with no arm or winding holes. have moored my boat , 70' along side for the past 18 years and the previous owner as well, 

That's a different property from the one we are discussing on the Staffs &Worcs.

3 hours ago, Athy said:

Fair enough. It just has that look about it, and the short arm suggests an overnight stop for boats, though it was perhaps just a winding hole for traffic to a local factory, or maybe even a modern addition.

The arm is a fairly recent addition, possibly late 90's,  early 2000's. I vaguely remember passing around that time and it was being dug out.

Certainly wasn't there when we were hiring from Teddesley in 1990 & 1991.

1 minute ago, cuthound said:

The arm is a fairly recent addition, possibly late 90's,  early 2000's. I vaguely remember passing around that time and it was being dug out.

Certainly wasn't there when we were hiring from Teddesley in 1990 & 1991.

Good info, thanks.