CRT Stoppages Map

toms1

Featured Posts

11 minutes ago, Boater Sam said:

Fabulous facility, thank you for all the work that this must have taken and for updating regularly. 

Why can't CRT produce something useful like this instead of daft logos and signs?

Sums up my own thoughts precisely.

On 03/08/2018 at 20:13, Horace42 said:

Sorry to say it, but CRT don't have to bother when people like Toms1 #1 do it for them.

The map is made possible by CRT's recording and release of Open Data plus the stoppage information published by CRT - true their maps are a bit shite - hence I made this. BW never had any map on their website - just looking at the positives rather than complaining about signs... sigh... :)

• Greenie 1

On 07/08/2018 at 13:13, toms1 said:

The map is made possible by CRT's recording and release of Open Data plus the stoppage information published by CRT - true their maps are a bit shite - hence I made this. BW never had any map on their website - just looking at the positives rather than complaining about signs... sigh... :)

Perhaps it's ironic that now you have made the map you can't travel to anywhere but the Hebden sani Station. Shame you don't have the power to delete the stoppages from the map, then you, and I, wouldn't be stuck on the Rochdale. We await the next upgrade with anticipation. 

Edited by Jim Riley
Just to say I'll share this on the friendly canal forum.

On 07/08/2018 at 13:13, toms1 said:

We are looking to move home soon, and apart from stoppages, I find the map now added to Google Earth very helpful to show the canals in the areas we are looking to move to.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Jim Riley said:

Perhaps it's ironic that now you have made the map you can't travel to anywhere but the Hebden sani Station. Shame you don't have the power to delete the stoppages from the map, then you, and I, wouldn't be stuck on the Rochdale. We await the next upgrade with anticipation. 

Haha - I can't even get to the sanitary station at the moment - locks are all padlocked... :) It's quite peaceful without the hire boats though...

Just added the "Advice" info too. Going to try adding the opening times - hoping it doesn't make the map too crowded.

Screenshot_20180809-100106.png

The Slapton to Smelly Farm pound on the GU is being drained today to try and find out why the levels are so low from there to Grove.

CRT blokey said it was only a quick look see today, so I guess not stopped for a significant time period...yet

21 hours ago, sirweste said:

The Slapton to Smelly Farm pound on the GU is being drained today to try and find out why the levels are so low from there to Grove.

CRT blokey said it was only a quick look see today, so I guess not stopped for a significant time period...yet

Apparently they found a broken windlass behind a gate paddle on the towpath side.  Haven't heard whether they have mended it. Stop boards have been left on the offside so possibly not.  Engineers from Leeds were measuring up for new lock gates for the bottom end to be fitted this coming winter (allegedly).  If they feel the draining was due to the gate paddle,I suppose they may cancel those. 

The windlass doesn't make sense. There's not water coming through the gate and if there were then arguably the church lock to slapton pound would be higher than normal. Both pounds are low, which suggests that Church to Slapton isn't getting fed by Slapton pound.

Any yer I noticed the stop planks too. I assume some substantial work is planned.