Don't try this

Onewheeler

Featured Posts

Just did some googling and the average person can jump around 7'6" from a standing start or 10' from a running start - you'd definitely not want to be faltering at the jump point to clear a narrow lock comfortably :)

2 minutes ago, Athy said:

If iut had been part of a comedy programme it would have been amusing in a pythonesque sort of way. But as it was real life, I hope he was not badly injured.

Shows a pic of him further down the page, looks to have a cut chin and a bit bedraggled, otherwise probably just a bit wiser...

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Were the Irish Post on a field trip to the Midlands or are we so rich with idiots that we're able to supply the Emerald Isle too now?

You can imagine the jokes in the Irish pubs tonight, did you hear the one about the Brummie who...............

I remember a similar stunt at Ellesmere Port at a rally in the sixtys the beer tent was near the top lock & the more booze consumed the braver the contestants got there were several successes & about the same number of failures with getting wet & monor scraps & cuts until one guy cracked his chin/head on the lock side  the lock which had started out full had leaked off around a 1/4 so he fell back knocked out into the water took several folk to drag him out while his mates stood lockside catcalling/jeering if it had been left to them he would have drowned Beggars belief

• Greenie 1

I have just tried, and unfortunately failed to find some footage that used to exist of someone who did the leap from the tow-path across the stop lock at Warwick Bar.....

He made it fine, because he could take the necessary run up.  However, once on the island he had no equivalent run up for the jump back again.

Those who know Warwick Bar will recall that the gates can't be moved, and are firmly "open" at all times........

I wish I could find the footage, bur Mr Showoff eventually has to lower himself into the canal in order to get back to the towpath safely.

Needless to say much mirth from those filming it.......

• Greenie 1

12 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Were the Irish Post on a field trip to the Midlands or are we so rich with idiots that we're able to supply the Emerald Isle too now?

Greensforge I am told.In a further clip,he reckons his only problem was faltering before he jumped...

15 minutes ago, The Bearwood Boster said:

Greensforge I am told.In a further clip,he reckons his only problem was faltering before he jumped...

Yep, he bottled it on the run up

not that I'd try, mind

Richard

22 hours ago, Mike Hurley said:

You can imagine the jokes in the Irish pubs tonight, did you hear the one about the Brummie who...............

You've made the usual mistake of mistaking the accent for a those of a Brummie. His is most definitely a Black Country accent.

Mind you Brum has it's fair share of idiots too of course :) 

1 hour ago, Grassman said:

You've made the usual mistake of mistaking the accent for a those of a Brummie. His is most definitely a Black Country accent.

Mind you Brum has it's fair share of idiots too of course :) 

We have some of the finest idiots in the country