Nervous dog on board

Dartagnan

Featured Posts

51 minutes ago, Dartagnan said:

Apologies for the very late reply.  A medical emergency, thankfully not mine this time, kind of took over for a while.  I am very grateful to everyone for taking the time to respond and pass on their experiences and knowledge.  I will do as suggested as there are some very good suggestions above.

Sadly some of his traits are not typically  Labrador which would have made life easier. ?  He is not really motivated by food or treats and this astounded us having had one previously who was a glutton and would have done anything for it.  Would you believe he doesn’t even care for water!  We couldn’t keep our last one out of the water and if she could find a ditch full of mud and water it was like she had won the lottery.  This ones pedigree is from field and gun dog champions so we were really surprised.  Just goes to show. ?

Ours couldn't care less for food, but he'd do somersaults if he had too for his tennis ball. Hasn't your dog anything that 'triggers' him? 

On 03/08/2018 at 18:51, cuthound said:

Yes, I've takenjoyed very dog I've owned out for walks during the worst of the fireworks.  Some were initially scared, but all ended up unbiased by them.

Just a pity it is not proving so easy to change Zeus' reactivity to other dogs ?

Looks like autocorrect mangled my post above.

It should read:

"Yes, I've taken every dog I've owned out for walks during the worst of the fireworks.  Some were initially scared, but all ended up unphased by them.

Just a pity it is not proving so easy to change Zeus' reactivity to other dog ?"

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

Maybe it's a super inteligent dog that realises there are nice boats out there with superb, smooth, quiet japanese engines fitted with hospital silencers and maybe it's trying to tell you something? ?

I said he’s a wuss not a heathen. ?

1 hour ago, Jennifer McM said:

Ours couldn't care less for food, but he'd do somersaults if he had too for his tennis ball. Hasn't your dog anything that 'triggers' him? 

Anything he can chew.  Particularly fond of my wife’s shoes, her brand new fit flops and the chair leg.  ?

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1