Shower

Featured Posts

Have spent some time doing a refit of the shower area. Near finished now but need to decide on something to line the shower cubicle walls. Have discounted tiles and favour a suitable linoleum type product that can easily be stuck to ply backing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.|

Thanks

Colin

8 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

If you want to do it properly, you could use purpose designed shower panelling. Something like Spashwall from B&Q is at the lower end of the price range. https://www.diy.com/departments/bathroom/bathroom-wall-panels/bathroom-panels/DIY1457024.cat

Thanks but far too pricey for what is a holiday boat. Guess I should be looking at something like wet-room floor covering or the like.

Grant Westfield shower wall panels are probably the best solution and they look classy though expensive at approx 140 a panel i use these on domestic installs and commercial as there very hard wearing but any local upvc trade supplier will also sell a much cheaper upvc wall panel probably " geo" panel eighter in 250mm wide tounge and groove or 800 wide these are easy to fit and cheap as chips from a proper upvc supplier

My shower, fitted by the boat builder, is lined with common or garden cushion floor type vinyl flooring.. Its sealed with normal bathroom silicone in the corners and around the top and bottom edges. Lightweight, totally impervious to water and massive choice of colours styles and patterns, inexpensive by any measure. Ours is a subtle blue mosaic which I think looks great. It's been up the best part of ten years and looks new. No leaks. I wouldn't hesitate to replace it with the same should it ever need it.

There is a supplier of geopanels in Tamworth that sells seconds (and only seconds) at around half price or less.  You need to visit to choose what defects you can accept.  I did my shower with them.

Edited by system 4-50

16 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

My shower, fitted by the boat builder, is lined with common or garden cushion floor type vinyl flooring.. Its sealed with normal bathroom silicone in the corners and around the top and bottom edges. Lightweight, totally impervious to water and massive choice of colours styles and patterns, inexpensive by any measure. Ours is a subtle blue mosaic which I think looks great. It's been up the best part of ten years and looks new. No leaks. I wouldn't hesitate to replace it with the same should it ever need it.

Now that sounds ideal. I shall certainly check that option out. Thanks Sea Dog.

There are commercial vinyl suppliers who make walling grade vinyl - common names are Tarkett, Polyflor and others. You need to make sure that there are no defects whatsoever in the substrate otherwise they will'grin' through the vinyl. The preparation takes longer than the fitting of the vinyl. You can seal junctions with silicon sealer or even better put cove formers in the junctions and then you can use a single sheet without any joints. This system is used extensively in hospitals as ceramic tiles are no longer used.

Hi Colin, our shower as others have said is lined with a mosaic patterned cushion floor no problems with it. You could try using closed cell plastic sheeting, easy to work with and to fix, I used Sticks Like Sh*t a great adhesive . I did use close cell plastic for the ceiling as it has a high gloss finish and is warm to touch 

I'll text you my new number

Regards Phil