Diesel supplies Warwick area.

Nightwatch

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Nightwatch said:

Kate Boats missing a trick here.

They may be missing a little business, perhaps even a small profit, but if they got fed up of stroppy boaters, I doubt they're missing that!  Sadly, there are a few amongst us who really do our cause no good.

• Greenie 1

21 hours ago, john6767 said:
21 hours ago, BWM said:

There is one on the north Stratford called Swallow, in the Lapworth area, that have diesel. 

There is but never seen them open, so a call would be in order.  It’s not that much further, say 2 hours, to Lyons though

Opening hours for Swallow here

http://www.bridge27.co.uk

I think it was 95 pence for 100% about a month ago. 

Its a smaller yard so door might be closed occasionally during opening hours but generally someone around to serve. 

40 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

but if they got fed up of stroppy boaters, I doubt they're missing that

Maybe strops caused by the imposition of the 60/40 split?  The rules are that it is the boater who makes the declaration not the supplier.

21 minutes ago, philjw said:

Maybe strops caused by the imposition of the 60/40 split?  The rules are that it is the boater who makes the declaration not the supplier.

If that was the case no wonder they got a reaction. I wouldn't, on principle, pay 60/40 split even if I thought it accurate.

4 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

If that was the case no wonder they got a reaction. I wouldn't, on principle, pay 60/40 split even if I thought it accurate.

And how could it be accurate on a narrowboat with diesel heating and domestic electricity generation when a 60/40 split is seen as the right split for my mate's sea boat which has virtually nothing to use any domestic element at all?

No doubt Kate wanted to avoid any aggro from HMRC when challenged over lower splits. Understandable but unnecessary as HMRC don't do this. If anything they would go to the boater who makes the declaration.  It is a shame if the red diesel rules have caused some yards to stop selling.  It would be worse if yards ever had to have both red and white for domestic / propulsion.

37 minutes ago, philjw said:

It may be up to the boater to make a declaration, but HMRC made clear there was nothing to stop yards selling at only one split.  If the boater didn't like the split offered, they should shop elsewhere -- just like they would if they didn't like the price.

48 minutes ago, philjw said:

but that can chose to do that and if you chose to buy from them you are agreeing that split. there are a few like that about.

Just re-read the HMRC leaflet:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/excise-notice-554-fuel-used-in-private-pleasure-craft-and-for-private-pleasure-flying/excise-notice-554-fuel-used-in-private-pleasure-craft-and-for-private-pleasure-flying

I didn't see where the supplier can choose to supply at only one split.  Maybe things have changed over the years.

1 hour ago, emm said:

Copt Heath Wharf bridge 76 Grand Union.

Worth ringing beforehand as they don’t hire out day boats anymore so not always around.

Very sad about that as for the last couple of years my cruising club used both Copt Heath Wharf day boats to take out children affected by the Chernobyl disaster. They were always very accommodating allowing us to pick the boats up the evening before and return them the following evening.

We have decided we can't do it any more as the nearest place that has two day boats is not within a reasonable distance and it would require three days hire for a one day outing.

2 hours ago, reg said:

Opening hours for Swallow here

http://www.bridge27.co.uk

I think it was 95 pence for 100% about a month ago. 

Its a smaller yard so door might be closed occasionally during opening hours but generally someone around to serve. 

Thanks for that I did not know they had a web site, but at 95p domestic I would wait until Lyons.

For completeness, I forgot to mention Warings Green Wharf, also on the North Stratford between Hockley Heat and Dickens Heath.  They also sell deisel, although 60/40 only and it is cash or cheque no credit cards.  They are also handy for elsan £1 per cassette, as there are no CRT elsan facilities on the North Stratford.

19 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Ryan from Jules fuels (07500 484906) does Napton to Stockton once per month. He wasn't sure of dates in August when I spoke to him last week but likely to be a Thursday or Friday at the end of the month.

Wed 18.15 Just seen Jules Fuels boat headed towards Bascote, not sure if they were working or not and how far they are going. Might be worth giving them a call