Diesel supplies Warwick area.

Nightwatch

Featured Posts

20 minutes ago, philjw said:

Not a recommendation but a heads up that Kate Boats no longer retail diesel. Or so the sign on their tank says.

2 minutes ago, billS said:

'Tis true.

Calcutt Marina is the closest in the Napton direction.

Is that both locations?  Doesn't the yard at the top of Stockton locks sell diesel anymore?

4 minutes ago, Neil2 said:
8 minutes ago, billS said:

Is that both locations?  Doesn't the yard at the top of Stockton locks sell diesel anymore?

Don't know about Stockton top. I was refering to Kate in Warwick. Quite ironic that the sign saying no diesel is on the diesel tank.

Ventnor marine. There isa phone number  for the caretaker on each bridge. We have used them twice in last 2 years. There is nthing after that until lyons on the northern stratford. They have all given up. Top of stockton defo not its only a mile away went down last year andhad to go back to ventnor who were super helpful.

1 hour ago, Neil2 said:

They may do, but I think that it is mainly just Kate Boats there now, so if they have stopped in Warwick they probably have there as well.  There is never anybody there anyway, presumably only when they are turning boats round.

Calcutt is by far the best bet in that direction.

9 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

We have already done Napton, Stockton etc. Now between Leamington and Warwick. Looks like it might be a trip to local filling station. Not desperate. Yet!

So if you are going up Hatton there is Lyons on the North Stratford and Anglo Welsh and  Valley Cruisers on the South Stratford.  On the GU there is Copt Heath Wharf, but call to check if they do still do deisel.

57 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

Ventnor marine. There isa phone number  for the caretaker on each bridge. We have used them twice in last 2 years. There is nthing after that until lyons on the northern stratford. They have all given up. Top of stockton defo not its only a mile away went down last year andhad to go back to ventnor who were super helpful.

There is one on the north Stratford called Swallow, in the Lapworth area, that have diesel. 

Just now, Nightwatch said:

Looking like a trip to Calcutt then.

I would not come all the way back up that side just to get deisel.  If you really are short there is a petrol station half way up Hatton, it is right next to the canal.

Just now, BWM said:

There is one on the north Stratford called Swallow, in the Lapworth area, that have diesel. 

There is but never seen them open, so a call would be in order.  It’s not that much further, say 2 hours, to Lyons though.

2 minutes ago, john6767 said:

I would not come all the way back up that side just to get deisel.  If you really are short there is a petrol station half way up Hatton, it is right next to the canal.

There is but never seen them open, so a call would be in order.  It’s not that much further, say 2 hours, to Lyons though.

I have filled Jerry cans there and bought gas, it appears to keep regular hours.

Thanks for all the comments chaps. A bit disappointed but we had planned to be near Leamington Spa and Warwick for a month or two as we have travel plans and the transport options are good. Don't mind a trip to Calcutt though. Hey ho! Might even takein Braunston as not been there for three years. It might have changed.?

48 minutes ago, BWM said:

I believe there is somewhere in the knowle area on the main line but haven't been up there myself?

That will be Copt Heath Wharf that I mentioned previously, just past the M42 as you head towards Birmingham on the GU.

5 hours ago, philjw said:

If you are staying long term and not desperate, are there any fuel boats that cover the area?

Ryan from Jules fuels (07500 484906) does Napton to Stockton once per month. He wasn't sure of dates in August when I spoke to him last week but likely to be a Thursday or Friday at the end of the month.

15 hours ago, john6767 said:

That will be Copt Heath Wharf that I mentioned previously, just past the M42 as you head towards Birmingham on the GU.

Thanks, I was unaware of the name. How long would it take to get there from Lapworth? I'm due a visit to a boatyard soon and will probably avoid the Stratford unless levels improve. 

Called Kate Boats on the off chance I'd get some diesel. Not a chance. Very nice lass I spoke to but she was not for turning. Says she stopped selling diesel as she got fed up with all the stroppy people. I mentioned I was a nice chap but that cut no ice. 

As we are planning on hanging around for a while we may well go back to Calcutt and visit Braunston whilst in the area.

once again thanks for valuable info. Kate Boats missing a trick here. Mind you, there's hardly any boat movement here and they probably make enough money from hiring, why supply another service?

Edited by Nightwatch

49 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Called Kate Boats on the off chance I'd get some diesel. Not a chance. Very nice lass I spoke to but she was not for turning. Says she stopped selling diesel as she got fed up with all the stroppy people. I mentioned I was a nice chap but that cut no ice. 

As we are planning on hanging around for a while we may well go back to Calcutt and visit Braunston whilst in the area.

once again thanks for valuable info. Kate Boats missing a trick here. Mind you, there's hardly any boat movement here and they probably make enough money from hiring, why supply another service?

They only ever sold at a 60/40 split, so you may not have wanted to buy from them anyway.

2 hours ago, BWM said:

Thanks, I was unaware of the name. How long would it take to get there from Lapworth? I'm due a visit to a boatyard soon and will probably avoid the Stratford unless levels improve. 

You have to go up Knowle locks, so I would have said it would be at least 3 hours.

OK I just ran it in canalplan and it came out as 2 hours 55 mins, so 3 hours was not a bad guess!

• Happy 1