Key diesels reconditioned engines.

Featured Posts

My engine (Mitsubishi K4E) is proving resistant to repair efforts.  I won't bore you with the details. I'm thinking of getting a reconditioned engine.  

I'd be interested in feedback from anyone who has bought from key diesels, or indeed of any other suppliers.  I'd obviously be interested in a part exchange deal.

Many thanks. 

A part of River Canal Rescue. Stephanie Horton

Without saying why I must advise that I would run away in the opposite direction as fast as my legs would go. If you want the low down, please private email me.

Edited by Boater Sam

Can you obtain a brand new engine? just the engine itself and move the gearbox and marinisation stuff over yourself. It all depends upon whether an agent or dealer is importing them.

We got our boat with a very sick Beta JD3 and when I started adding up the cost of the rebuild parts (without any labour charges) it made more sense to get a brand new engine.

.................Dave

I was quoted an interesting figure to replace my K4e with a new alternative, from King's Lock, the Vetus main agents.  Might well be worth a chat, the new engine would be a direct replacement, on the same bearers etc.

Bod

28 minutes ago, Bod said:

I was quoted an interesting figure to replace my K4e with a new alternative, from King's Lock, the Vetus main agents.  Might well be worth a chat, the new engine would be a direct replacement, on the same bearers etc.

Bod

Thanks very much, I will follow this up.

Be aware of the spares cost on Vetus engines. You cannot always buy compatible Mitsubishi parts and Vetus prices are eye watering.

How about Canaline? Good reputation and they are prepared to taylor an engine to fit your boat with minimal alteration. 

12 minutes ago, Boater Sam said:

Be aware of the spares cost on Vetus engines. You cannot always buy compatible Mitsubishi parts and Vetus prices are eye watering.

How about Canaline? Good reputation and they are prepared to taylor an engine to fit your boat with minimal alteration. 

Thank you. Yes, that was the suggestion from Key Diesels as well....

On 29/07/2018 at 12:24, Scholar Gypsy said:

My engine (Mitsubishi K4E) is proving resistant to repair efforts.  I won't bore you with the details. I'm thinking of getting a reconditioned engine.  

I'd be interested in feedback from anyone who has bought from key diesels, or indeed of any other suppliers.  I'd obviously be interested in a part exchange deal.

Many thanks. 

Diamond Diesels sometimes have Mitsu base engines for sale. https://www.diamonddiesels.co.uk/product-category/engines/small-industrial-range/

1 minute ago, Scholar Gypsy said:

Thanks very much, yes I am keeping an eye on that site....  

Might be worth a phone call or email too. I have found them to be extremely helpful (no connection with company etc.)

Edited by Guest

• 5 months later...

Hi All

I am the owner of Marine Power Solutions and we have now got the latest RCD emissions certificate for our range of engines.  The range consists of 9 engines, most of which are available with Keel cooling for the narrow / canal boat market.  Our engines are all built to last and are very competitively priced.  As an idea, the MP-446 (46hp) with keel cooling and twin alternators, fitted with a PRM150 gearbox is just £5,274.30 including VAT.  If you wanted just the bobtail engine (no gearbox) this would be £3,692 inc VAT.  We are also at the moment offering an additional 5% discount on pre-order engines.

I hope that this is of interest to you and look forward to answering any questions.

www.marine-power.net

info@marine-power.net

02380 970100

Thanks for that information. The original enquiry was nearly six months ago, but if the O.P. hasn't yet replaced his engine then your company could be helpful.

I've allowed your post because it's a direct answer to a query by a member, but in future please note that CWDF doesn't allow straightforward commercial advertising without the site owner's permission.,

Thank you, and my apologies for not updating the thread before (it's very annoying when people do that ....).  Anyway  in the end I got the engine reconditioned. 

As recompense, here is a short video of the first time it fired up!  And before the air filter was put back on, of course ...

2 minutes ago, Scholar Gypsy said:

Thank you, and my apologies for not updating the thread before (it's very annoying when people do that ....).  Anyway  in the end I got the engine reconditioned. 

As recompense, here is a short video of the first time it fired up!  And before the air filter was put back on, of course ...

Thats great, if anyone else is looking to re-engine, please feel free to contact me. 

Kind regards and all the best for 2019

• 2 years later...