Unlicensed boat?

Jim Riley

Featured Posts

17 minutes ago, Athy said:

No shellfish?

Oh yes, prawn-filled vol-au-vents. The list goes on...

9 minutes ago, RLWP said:

No bacon in bacon flavoured crisps. That's why the are marked as 'Suitable for Vegetarians'

Richard

I know that. It was a joke, like the one that started this thread off ?

3 minutes ago, RLWP said:

What about the £5 & £10 notes ?

The Bank of England has refused to yield to pressure from protest groups about its use of animal-derived products in bank notes, saying that it will not pull any of the existing £5 notes from circulation and will print the £10 notes as planned.

“The Bank was not aware of the presence of animal-derived products when it signed the contract with its supplier for the £5 and £10 banknote polymer,” the Bank said in a statement on Wednesday.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/bank-of-england-5-note-10-animal-fat-keep-confirm-g-currency-pound-sterling-a7581131.html

Edited by Alan de Enfield

1 minute ago, RLWP said:

A chemical engineering friend used to work for the company that made most of the concentrated flavourings used in crisps and other foods, could identify most of them blindfolded. He did make the mistake of taking home a bottle of concentrated garlic flavouring sufficient for something like twenty tons of crisps (thinking it might be useful for cooking) and dropping the bottle on the tiled kitchen floor...

59 minutes ago, IanD said:

Years ago the company I worked for had a visit from an Israeli company. Classic case of left hand not knowing what right hand was doing (or ignoring any "special instructions") a buffet lunch was ordered as normal. Including pork pies, sausage rolls, ham sandwiches, sausages-onna-stick -- even the crisps were bacon flavoured...

Sounds like they did it for a wind up, or your telling porkies lol.

7 hours ago, Jim Riley said:

My post was factual and Informative, an inanimate picture "implies" nothing. However Notsofly Boy and others wish to see that it does, obviously seeing words that the rest of us can't, despite helpful suggestions around Optical aids.

My optical aids allow me to see the title you put on the thread is ''Unlicensed Boat?''.

What do you expect people to think?

1 hour ago, Neil Smith said:

Sounds like they did it for a wind up, or your telling porkies lol.

I was at the meeting and the lunch -- I was working for Fujitsu, the Israeli company was Orckit (now defunct). Lunch was one of the standard menus from a rotating set, but nobody told the catering company to deliver anything special. Fortuantely the visitors had a good sense of humour, but we literally had to send a runner to the petrol station down the road to get some more kosher-friendly sandwiches.

And before you suggest this is a porky too, there was nowhere else nearby we could get something quickly since the food only arrived about ten minutes before the lunch break...

1 hour ago, MartynG said:

My optical aids allow me to see the title you put on the thread is ''Unlicensed Boat?''.

What do you expect people to think?

"oh that looks an interesting thread I'll have a look" 

There's a "?" in it too, so it's not a definitive statement. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

"oh that looks an interesting thread I'll have a look" 

There's a "?" in it too, so it's not a definitive statement. 

Indeed is is a question not a statement. But why didn’t you ask “licenced boat?”

22 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Indeed is is a question not a statement. But why didn’t you ask “licenced boat?”

Afaik, in marketing terms it's known as a "hook". Guaranteed crowd puller. That's the fault of the crowd not me. Prurient interest and all that. Also wouldn't like anyone to think Daniel was selling liquor. 

Edited by Jim Riley

1 hour ago, Jim Riley said:

Afaik, in marketing terms it's known as a "hook". Guaranteed crowd puller. That's the fault of the crowd not me. Prurient interest and all that. Also wouldn't like anyone to think Daniel was selling liquor. 

Ah so you knew perfectly well the effect your topic heading would have. 

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Ah so you knew perfectly well the effect your topic heading would have. 

Yes, I’m sure he knew that people with a vestige of a sense of humour would find it a mildly amusing tease. People with absolutely no hint of a sense of humour (except for their own jokes, of course) would be outraged and grossly offended. It is always thus on here.

• Greenie 2

1 minute ago, nicknorman said:

Yes, I’m sure he knew that people with a vestige of a sense of humour would find it a mildly amusing tease. People with absolutely no hint of a sense of humour (except for their own jokes, of course) would be outraged and grossly offended. It is always thus on here.

Quite right, we LIKE being outraged here on behalf of our Great Leader. Or anyone else we can think of.

You used to have a sense of humour back in the day too, but precious little evidence of it these days. Most of your posts are stirring the pot, presumably for fun. 

5 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Quite right, we LIKE being outraged here on behalf of our Great Leader. Or anyone else we can think of.

You used to have a sense of humour back in the day too, but precious little evidence of it these days. Most of your posts are stirring the pot, presumably for fun. 

Most of my posts on here are helping people with electrical problems. Hundreds of them. You got a sulk on with me about a certain other thread where you completely misconstrued what I said in a single brief post and the intention behind it, and now it seems I am the enemy.

But don’t let the facts get in the way of your opinion!

Edited by nicknorman
  • Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, Athy said:

Yer wot, mate?

Come on you Blues!

With that quip from our very own Athy the scores are a little closer 

Thunderboat - 6

CWDF - 5 

Feel free to join in all you thunderboat lurkers. 

Complicated games these.

You get some folk playing for both sides

Some who stand on their dignity and refuse to play on the same park with the undesireables from the other side

Some who aren't allowed in the opposition half

Can someone show me a copy of the rules, or is there no point as they keep changing?