Unlicensed boat?

Jim Riley

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

Should boats not displaying a current licence be named and shamed? 

I hope not, because I still have last year's licence on display. 

Boats not displaying the registration number should be IMO.  CRT know my boat is licenced and they are the only ones who need to. 

I have just bought a CRT one month visitor licence, with no requirement to print or even display it. Since it is in A4 format and I only have portholes, it will not be displayed. If any curtain-twitchers wish to assert that my boat is unlicensed, feel free. But I really won't care. It is between CRT and me, and nobody else's business.

• Greenie 4

But but but..... 

There are rules, one says you must display your licence. Just like there are rules on this forum, what would happen if we picked and chose which to obey or flout. At least in the real world there is a chance of appeal, here it's by mod dictat, the ethos coming from the top. Do as I say not as I do. 

4 hours ago, Jim Riley said:

Should boats not displaying a current licence be named and shamed? 

1fLFgZd.jpg

What makes you think Emily Anne doesn't have a licence ?  A quick check on the CRT licence checker will show that it is licenced.  I think Emily Anne is the steam boat owned by Dan who owns CWCD, happy to be corrected though.  Anyway you'll probably be happy that I named the owner of this fine boat.

I suggest you go to spec savers, when you get back read my post again. I am well aware whose boat it is. 

Edited by Jim Riley

1 minute ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Methinks you're all taking Jim too seriously. Or perhaps not seriously enough - I know for a fact that Emily Anne always declares zero per cent propulsion for diesel, even though she cruises about all over the place.

It's enough to make steam come out of your ears!

2 hours ago, Jim Riley said:

I suggest you go to spec savers, when you get back read my post again. I am well aware whose boat it is. 

You obviously think it's funny to falsely name and shame somebody for not having a licence. I suggest you stick to Thunderboat unless you have something factual to discuss.

20 minutes ago, Flyboy said:

You obviously think it's funny to falsely name and shame somebody for not having a licence. I suggest you stick to Thunderboat unless you have something factual to discuss.

When have I named and shamed someone for not having a licence? Did you get a decent microfibre cleaning cloth with them specs? Give it a try. 

• Greenie 2

1 hour ago, Flyboy said:

wow.

he dident even suggest it has no licence.

58 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

When have I named and shamed someone for not having a licence? Did you get a decent microfibre cleaning cloth with them specs? Give it a try. 

Try post 1, A picture of a named boat with an out of date licence showing put up on an open forum. If that's not naming & shaming what is ?

4 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Once again people seem unable to draw a distinction between not having a licence and not displaying said licence.

I fully agree, so why did the op post this picture implying that the boat was unlicensed which is completely untrue ?

1 hour ago, Flyboy said:

so why did the op post this picture implying that the boat was unlicensed which is completely untrue ?

'Should boats not displaying a current licence  be named and shamed?' 

Where has the OP implied  that boat is unlicensed? 

Edited by andyberg

10 minutes ago, andyberg said:

Hang on, do you mean we are supposed to read AND understand posts before we wade in on this forum.

I'm starting to think Groucho had a point about clubs ... ;)

21 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Hang on, do you mean we are supposed to read AND understand posts before we wade in on this forum.

I'm starting to think Groucho had a point about clubs ... ;)

I wouldn't be a member of any club which Groucho had a point about - so I hope not.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, andyberg said:

He most definitely implied it in the title of the thread and the choice of photograph in the opening post. What he didn't do was state that the boat was unlicensed.

JP