Odd problem on CWDF website

Featured Posts

This is probably not the correct thread to put this on, but at the moment I'm a bit limited to what threads I can actually get into due to a rather odd change that took place on Saturday. Since then I can no longer bring up all threads from the 'Home' button (top left of the page). When I click on that I get this response come up

image.png.e8cf3923c2ac162ab4b660ee2a41e3d9.png

I have no idea what it is asking me to open and, since I don't open anything that I don't know about it has left me a bit in limbo. I can access threads that I've already posted in but can no longer bring up the full list of threads, anyone got any idea why?

4 minutes ago, RichM said:

Odd, does it also happen when using the Edge browser as well? If so, may be browser cache issue in Firefox. 

Having just tried, no it doesn't happen with the Edge browser, any idea why it has suddenly started to happen with Firefox? Now that I can see other threads, feel free to move this one to a more appropriate one (Technical and Account Support, possibly).

Edited by Wanderer Vagabond

1 minute ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

Having just tried, no it doesn't happen with the Edge browser, any idea why it has suddenly started to happen with Firefox?

I made a few changes behind the scenes over the weekend to improve site search and page load performance. If browsers are caching old page content this could explain why Firefox is misbehaving for you. If that's the case then clearing the browser cache may do the trick. 

5 minutes ago, RichM said:

I made a few changes behind the scenes over the weekend to improve site search and page load performance. If browsers are caching old page content this could explain why Firefox is misbehaving for you. If that's the case then clearing the browser cache may do the trick. 

Yup, that seems to have cleared it. 'course I've lost all my history now:unsure:

2 minutes ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

Yup, that seems to have cleared it. 'course I've lost all my history now:unsure:

Glad to hear.

I am not a regular Firefox user but in the most recent version (at least) it's possible to clear browser cache without clearing your browsing history. 

firefox cache.png

I had roughly the same issue - one particular bookmark attempted to download a chunk of PHP instead of displaying the underlying page. Deleting the bookmark and re-creating it sorted the problem.

And, yes, Firefox...

I would be inclined to save the file. Then go off-line (disconnect from the internet and emails) - then run the Anti-virus on it - then if OK open the file to see what happens. Then delete it  - or whatever.

On ‎23‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 22:04, Wanderer Vagabond said:

This is probably not the correct thread to put this on, but at the moment I'm a bit limited to what threads I can actually get into due to a rather odd change that took place on Saturday. Since then I can no longer bring up all threads from the 'Home' button (top left of the page). When I click on that I get this response come up

image.png.e8cf3923c2ac162ab4b660ee2a41e3d9.png

I have no idea what it is asking me to open and, since I don't open anything that I don't know about it has left me a bit in limbo. I can access threads that I've already posted in but can no longer bring up the full list of threads, anyone got any idea why?

Ken Livingstone did it.

Wot an assortment of tabs you have open :
Livingstone

Ken Livingstone

Suicide

Prison

Dehydration 

Electoral

………...

….

Are they all linked ?

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Ken Livingstone did it.

Wot an assortment of tabs you have open :
Livingstone

Ken Livingstone

Suicide

Prison

Dehydration 

Electoral

………...

….

Are they all linked ?

Oddly enough (except the dehydration tab which was related to the hot weather at the time, and the considerable amount of water I had been drinking?) they are all linked.What they are linked to is the fact that,prior to making a comment on a given subject (one example from that list was prison and the comment of a poster of how much like a holiday camp our prisons are) I tend to have an irritating habit of looking around to find out what the facts are rather than just posit some idea off the top off my head as though it were fact, without bothering to check anything. Old habits die hard.