Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
starman

DM2 gearchange mechanism

Featured Posts

I'm putting a back cabin into our boat which involves altering the engine room bulkhead from a side door to a central one, from which you step left to the engine room corridor. Unfortunately that puts the gearchange mechanism for the PRM right in the wrong place. Which is a shame because it's a very neat system; a little set of linkages connected to a substantial steel bar that runs up to the push-pull rod. It looks 'proper' and works smoothly but that bar is real obstacle to getting in and out of the cabin.

I'd be very interested to know how other people's controls work - photos would be really helpful. Thanks

32 minutes ago, GRLMK38 said:

Where are you K?  You're welcome to look at EH which has a PRM and centre door.

Hillmorton. Certainly wouldn't mind a look. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Boater Sam said:

Flat steel bar on the roof lining rather than round bar in trunnions.

You'll have to give me more of a clue Sam...

Mine runs on a round bar to the left of the centre door and via a crank to the floor to another crank that drives the gear change. I will get a couple of piccies at the weekend and send them you