Black Jack Bitumen Paint

Featured Posts

Has anyone had any experience using Black Jack Bitumen paint?

I have used it to on my gunwales. It was previously painted but being a vulnerable area that's more prone to being scraped/bashed, I decided to use Black Jack Bitumen paint. It was easy to apply with very little mess and looks just as good as it did before when it was painted. I don't see many posts about it on here however so I was wondering if anyone has any experience using it?

Here's the stuff in question:
https://www.midlandchandlers.co.uk/store/category/1363/product/pa-298.aspx

Cheers

RichM

I use a very similar product called IKOpro bitumen available form Wickes and Wilko. I don't like Intertuf as it is too hard to work with for me, this stuff goes on nice and easy as it is thinner. I do mine every year with it on a tidal drying out grid in London. Smartens the boat up a bit.

• 1 year later...
37 minutes ago, mbmb said:

id luv more info on iko pro as ive got 45liters of it. maybe to know how well it lasted

thanks

Not sure about iko pro though looks similar. As for the Black Jack Bitumen paint, it has done very well on my gunwales and blends in perfectly with the standard Bitumen blacking on the hull. I'd never consider glossing my gunwales in future. Black Jack is easy to apply which makes it ideal for touching up and is cheap as chips.