Casiobury Park & The Grove - The Grand Union

Dartagnan

Featured Posts

On Monday we collect our boat from P&S Marine at Croxley Green where we have had the hull blasted and epoxied.  I was considering heading north a little and chill axing for a few days before we do an about turn and take a leisurely cruise in the direction of the Thames.  Casiobury Park and The Grove (Grand Union) appear to be green areas which would suit me so I could walk our black lab pup.  Never having been there in my life are they in fact reasonable ares for the above purposes.  Suggestions gratefully received.

I like the sound of the black lab pup - good to see you are really embracing your new lifestyle - I hope health improvements will follow

limited knowledge of the area but from what I do know I would say yes suitable but sadly do keep an eye out for any unsavoury characters who also might like your black lab pup!

Enjoy!

Cassiobury Park is heaving at the moment but it shouldn't be as bad on Monday since the schools don't break up for another week. You will encounter a lot of other dog walkers there. The Grove I'm not so familiar with but should be quieter than the park.

1 hour ago, Dartagnan said:

Casiobury Park and The Grove (Grand Union) appear to be green areas which would suit me so I could walk our black lab pup.  Never having been there in my life are they in fact reasonable ares for the above purposes.  Suggestions gratefully received.

Absolutely perfect spot. 

You can enjoy the park itself with its lovely walks, one of which will take you almost into the heart of Watford's extensive shopping area.  

Or follow the towpath north through the Grove to see some interesting historical features - the kink in the canal which the Earl of Essex insisted on to avoid his estate and the unique bridges demanded so as not to spoil his view.

Or head roughly west across the canal at Cassiobury, over the WH Golf Course and into the extensive Whippendell Woods. Perfect for pups.

You won't be disappointed!

2 hours ago, mark99 said:

The best bit of the GU.

That’s perturbing.  I will spend the rest of my boating life with my wife going on and on “this isn’t as nice as” etc etc  ?

On a more serious note thank you very much and according to the weather forecast we get to see it whilst the weather remains good.