Is this what they mean by wellbeing by water

canalboat

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, rasputin said:

2 things

he may not want it to bud

the only problem I can see with it being outside at this time of year is that the days are too long

Fair point,  still think the pots are too small and they look starved

It OK to make light of the use of class B drugs, pot is socially acceptable in some cultures, but having a life long friend who is totally destroyed by it does distress me greatly.

He is paranoid, a hermit, cannot leave his home which is squalid. Brain gone soft years ago.

• Greenie 2

When i worked for the polis in rugby in the 90s the inhabitants of drugby were known for two things. Firstly causing the name of the town and secondly for their high intelligence and skill at evasion.

After  an assessments in the cells the custody officers used to say ‘ we thought we better get you in because they must be mad to be so stupid’ sorry mate they are just the second...no mental illness, no brain.

6 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

It looks identical to the plants that grew when we emptied the bottom of the parrot cage onto the 'muck-heap' - apparently it is Hemp (or part of the Hemp family)

Oh - that's why they squark - it's 'high'

3 hours ago, JamesFrance said:

I once employed a cook who was done for growing the same in a windowbox.   The local paper reported that when the magistrate asked her why she was growing it she replied "Well it's too expensive to buy the stuff".

That sounds like a logical answer to me (although I do not use this substance myself).

In Spain you're allowed to grow it at home for your own use. That also seems sensible to me.

Never inhaled... (not even smoked the stuff - except for a naughty experiment in my 20s). Never really thought much about it, until funny enough a couple of days ago when I saw this youtube.

Don't really know what the difference is between marihuana and cannabis - they could be the same? 

If this guy with bad Parkinsons can get relief from his symptoms then this can't be a bad plant. Perhaps we got the balance wrong, and by making it available the good will outweigh the bad? 

Cannabis oil has the active ingredient (thc) removed. In theory.

I have very strong views on crank medical and psychiatric treatments, but the evidence is that cannabis oil and thc can assist victims of dreadful conditions.

However having seen the effect of it ( in particulat skunk cannabis) on the developing brain, it can have effect of turning kids brains into vegetables.

10 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

Cannabis oil has the active ingredient (thc) removed. In theory.

I have very strong views on crank medical and psychiatric treatments, but the evidence is that cannabis oil and thc can assist victims of dreadful conditions.

However having seen the effect of it ( in particulat skunk cannabis) on the developing brain, it can have effect of turning kids brains into vegetables.

Yes it's a difficult one to find a balance. Sad though that the 'goodies' have to suffer because the 'baddies' can't help themselves. 

So what we see in the picture is against the law, but when the relevant authorities (which in this case are CRT on whose property the offence is being committed and the police who apparently paid a visit to the boat but did nothing much at all) condone it and take no action, then what other laws of this land is it OK to ignore?

6 minutes ago, canalboat said:

So what we see in the picture is against the law, but when the relevant authorities (which in this case are CRT on whose property the offence is being committed and the police who apparently paid a visit to the boat but did nothing much at all) condone it and take no action, then what other laws of this land is it OK to ignore?

I'm sure there are lots of them and that you'll find some which will suit you. Let us know how you get on when you try them out.

On 20/07/2018 at 12:21, Machpoint005 said:

Hmm -- Openly flaunt the law then complain when you get caught.

Talk about a sense of entitlement!

He may be flouting the law by flaunting his gardening skills - I wouldn't know - but he's certainly not flaunting the law. 

• Greenie 1

40 minutes ago, Earthwatcher said:

I don't know. I wouldn't flaunt what little expertise I have on whether the law is being flouted or not.

So for those who know little about the drug scene would you care to explain what you meant?

40 minutes ago, Earthwatcher said:

I don't know. I wouldn't flaunt what little expertise I have on whether the law is being flouted or not.

As long as you don't flounce out instead.

4 hours ago, Jerra said:

Does that mean growing cannabis is legal in the UK?

It's still illegal but IIRC quite a lot of police authorities in uk have let it be known that they won't take any interest in folk growing it at home for personal consumption.  It's one of what I suspect is a long list of offences regarded as low level crime which the police simply don't have the resources to address.  So there's probably no point in grassing up a grass grower.

1 minute ago, Neil2 said:

It's still illegal but IIRC quite a lot of police authorities in uk have let it be known that they won't take any interest in folk growing it at home for personal consumption.  It's one of what I suspect is a long list of offences regarded as low level crime which the police simply don't have the resources to address.  So there's probably no point in grassing up a grass grower.

I was aware of that however it doesn't matter what the police say if we are merely considering if it is legal or not.  They can't change the law.    They can choose to ignore it but not change it.  The assertion that the law wasn't being flaunted suggested the law had changed and it was legal in some circumstances.

6 minutes ago, Jerra said:

The assertion that the law wasn't being flaunted suggested the law had changed and it was legal in some circumstances.

It was a grammatical correction.  You meant flouted, not flaunted.

flout

verb

past tense: flouted; past participle: flouted

openly disregard (a rule, law, or convention).

"the advertising code is being flouted"

synonyms:defy, refuse to obey, go against, rebel against, scorn, disdain, show contempt for, fly in the face of, thumb one's nose at, make a fool of, poke fun at; 

rather than 

flaunt
verb
past tense: flaunted; past participle: flaunted
display (something) ostentatiously, especially in order to provoke envy or admiration or to show defiance.
"newly rich consumers eager to flaunt their prosperity"
synonyms:    show off, display ostentatiously, draw attention to, make a (great) show of, put on show, put on display, parade, exhibit; 

or
dress or behave in a sexually provocative way.

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

It was a grammatical correction.  You meant flouted, not flaunted.

flout

verb

past tense: flouted; past participle: flouted

openly disregard (a rule, law, or convention).

"the advertising code is being flouted"

synonyms:defy, refuse to obey, go against, rebel against, scorn, disdain, show contempt for, fly in the face of, thumb one's nose at, make a fool of, poke fun at; 

rather than 

flaunt
verb
past tense: flaunted; past participle: flaunted
display (something) ostentatiously, especially in order to provoke envy or admiration or to show defiance.
"newly rich consumers eager to flaunt their prosperity"
synonyms:    show off, display ostentatiously, draw attention to, make a (great) show of, put on show, put on display, parade, exhibit; 

or
dress or behave in a sexually provocative way.

Sorry I have just used the word of somebody else further back up the thread.  You had better look back and correct them as well.

On 20/07/2018 at 16:53, JamesFrance said:

I once employed a cook who was done for growing the same in a windowbox.   The local paper reported that when the magistrate asked her why she was growing it she replied "Well it's too expensive to buy the stuff".

Similar to a friend of mine who was pulled over on the M1. In response to the question "Why were you doing 95MPH sir?" he'd probably have got off much more lightly if he'd not responded "Because the idiot in the BMW wouldn't get out of the way"