Mytchett Canal Centre - lock model

KenM

Featured Posts

I have just come across two volunteers from the Basingstoke Canal Society restoring the magnificent working model of a lock in the foyer of Mytchett Canal Centre. They have no details as to who built it and donated it - or any plans as to how the electronics work. They would very much like to identify the builder(s) so they can be properly credited. 

From the electronics it looks around 20 years old and probably post-dates the canal re-opening in 1991.

Might anybody know? 

1 hour ago, KenM said:

I have just come across two volunteers from the Basingstoke Canal Society restoring the magnificent working model of a lock in the foyer of Mytchett Canal Centre. They have no details as to who built it and donated it - or any plans as to how the electronics work. They would very much like to identify the builder(s) so they can be properly credited. 

From the electronics it looks around 20 years old and probably post-dates the canal re-opening in 1991.

Might anybody know? 

Maths slightly awry there!!

2 hours ago, KenM said:

Might anybody know? 

Some details here on page 3

http://www.basingstoke-canal.org.uk/bulletin/Basingstoke Canal Bulletin No. 11.pdf

And page 6 here:

http://www.basingstoke-canal.org.uk/bulletin/Basingstoke Canal Bulletin No. 12.pdf

Edited by Tim Lewis

2 hours ago, Tim Lewis said:

Thanks Tim, good spot. I'll let the chaps know the answer lies within their own journal!

To clarify it's age - sometime in the late 90s probably as it is controlled by some Mitsubishi computer chips.