Laundrette @ bridge inn -Brewood

frangar

Featured Posts

Worth baring in mind but there is another canal side pub with both a launderette and a small shop - The Wharf Inn, Fenny Compton (when I worked the boats I used to know this pub as The George and Dragon).

I am sure there must be more with similar facilities :captain: 

The laundrette at the Bridge Inn is very much in operation.  The new tenants have only been there a couple of months but are already looking to leave at a financial loss.  They've never run a pub before and are finding it a bigger challenge than they imagined.  If you decide to eat there, make sure you're not in a rush!

1 hour ago, doratheexplorer said:

The laundrette at the Bridge Inn is very much in operation.  The new tenants have only been there a couple of months but are already looking to leave at a financial loss.  They've never run a pub before and are finding it a bigger challenge than they imagined.  If you decide to eat there, make sure you're not in a rush!

Another case of wouldn't it be fun to run a pub now we have retired with our cash payout then.

2 hours ago, doratheexplorer said:

Sad to hear whatever the circumstances. Running a pub IS hard work and not for the faint hearted. Full dedication. Not a job, a way of life.

I woz brung up in t'pub business. Ma and Pa were licencees for years running licensed premises from pubs to clubs. I ways wanted my own pub when younger but not anymore. Needs a lot of energy and commitment. The business has changed dramatically over the years.

Ma and Pa died within months of each other in their early fifties. Might have something to do with lifestyle and choice of occupation.

I recieve emails with pubs for sale. There's more and more freehold properties coming onto the market. Also an increase of 'free of trade' premises becoming available.

Are pubco's starting to see sense?

I shall report back on the the laundrette & pub in the next couple of days. I did message the pub but haven’t heard anything back. It does amaze me that people have rose tinted ideas when it comes to running pubs. It’s far from easy. Even a micropub is a lifestyle choice rather than a good money earner. 

Just to say the laundrette at The Bridge Inn is very much open and rated rather highly in my OH’s laundrette league. One thing to note is that the machines take the old pound coins   which is handy if you have any lying about...the pub have a stock if you don’t....apparently Marstons don’t want to spend money changing the coin mechs over. 

Anyway do support the pub and the laundrette....it’s £3 for a wash and £1.50 for dry which is pretty good value....plus it’s rude not to have a pint while you are waiting of course. 

Gareth.