Leaving the Boat in Skipton

Mac of Cygnet

Featured Posts

12 minutes ago, b0atman said:

left unattended and maybe gets broken into will insurance pay out and what is cost versus a few £10 per day inc electric charges.

I tend to agree. Having left ours absolutely everywhere over many years for up to to 14 days at a time with never a problem we now usualy stick it in a marina or similar if away for more than a day or so. I think its a combination of getting older and dropping standards of behaviour in the UK that makes us do this now. After all its a hell of a lot of money to leave lying around just for a tenner a day!!

17 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

£10 a day? That's good.

Precisely. £10.25 a day including lectric at Sawley marina. Tenner a day lectric xtra Barton turns. Similar at trinity marina iirc etc etc.

21 hours ago, Ryeland said:

Ours was fine last year just west of Brewery swing bridge in Skipton, good pilings to attach to.

Richard

That's our default mooring in Skipton, which we do regularly.

Handy for Morrisons (Down the steps), three water points, a doggy bin and lots of local residents who like boats so keep half an eye on them.

We would dump the boat there for a fortnight with no concerns at all.

13 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

I've obviously asked at expensive marinas like Newbury or Yelvertoft. £10 a night is reassuringly good.

For once also having bought nearly a whole boat we don't get penalised as its priced same for any length boat 

1 hour ago, Midnight said:

If I were to leave my boat in Skipton I wouldn't be too concerned if left anywhere between the Springs Branch and the park swing bridge. 

Fully agree, but the bit inside Brewery Bridge is all 24 or 72 hour mooring and outside it is 14 days. 

100 yards the gargrave side of gawflat swing bridge is good usually a few other boats there 14 day towpath moorings with pins or nappy pins, between gawflat and brewery swing is also 14 days with pins or rings, a bit buisier but still quiet . the leeds side of brewery swing is 3 days in the boating season but still relatively quiet, it gets a bit noisier past springs branch but its skipton not the bronx. Skipton is a lot safer than most places, I heard of a boat getting cast off last year (dont even know if its true) but theres that many boaters about that someone would just tie it back up. Ive never seen any vandalism.  More out of the way, the skipton side of Thorlby swing you can get on for about 100 yards past the landing after the little gate before depth (my boat draws 2 feet six) and the Leeds and Liverpool shelf become an issue and also drive down the track and park next to your boat. There you just get dog walkers and cyclists. If you dont mind parting with a few quid Niffany farm might be worth a ring, offside mooring by Niffany swing bridge they have many spaces this time of year as peeps are off cruising and might do a short term let.

14 hours ago, 36national said:

100 yards the gargrave side of gawflat swing bridge is good usually a few other boats there 14 day towpath moorings with pins or nappy pins, between gawflat and brewery swing is also 14 days with pins or rings, a bit buisier but still quiet . the leeds side of brewery swing is 3 days in the boating season but still relatively quiet, it gets a bit noisier past springs branch but its skipton not the bronx. Skipton is a lot safer than most places, I heard of a boat getting cast off last year (dont even know if its true) but theres that many boaters about that someone would just tie it back up. Ive never seen any vandalism.  More out of the way, the skipton side of Thorlby swing you can get on for about 100 yards past the landing after the little gate before depth (my boat draws 2 feet six) and the Leeds and Liverpool shelf become an issue and also drive down the track and park next to your boat. There you just get dog walkers and cyclists. If you dont mind parting with a few quid Niffany farm might be worth a ring, offside mooring by Niffany swing bridge they have many spaces this time of year as peeps are off cruising and might do a short term let.

That's very comprehensive, thank you for taking the trouble.  In fact I have left the boat at one of those places. :)