Slow Down!! "I Can't!!"

Richard10002

Featured Posts

On 17/07/2018 at 10:27, cuthound said:

Both draw and wash affect the stabity of a moored boat, wash as evidenced by the movement generated by canoes, which draw very little and weigh little more than the weight of the paddles.

Its not the weight of the canoe that matters but that of its occupants! (ie displacement)

On 19/07/2018 at 07:51, Sea Dog said:

Yup, that was quite a concept. :D

Should we include Harry Corbett and the Sooty Show? One was mute, one squeaked and the others had someone else's voice!

....and where were the hands..??

10 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

For some reason I seem to remember that the black-and-white female bear puppet was "Soo". Can't remember what the black dog with the underbite was called though.

Butch.

• f869c393f7dc23d0f31b9ad2615780d9.jpg

I liked Ramsbottom the snake with his Lancashire accent and droll sense of humour..

• sootydentist.jpg

"Bye bye everybody, bye bye."
Edited by Ray T

5 hours ago, cuthound said:

I've yet to see an obese canoeist ?

That was not the point - I was reminding readers that it is not the weight of the vessel that counts but what is in it that results in the displacement and hence the scale of the effect. Even so, I do agree that the impact of a canoe seems disproportionate to its size. Not sure that the posts so far really explain that.

58 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

the impact of a canoe seems disproportionate to its size. Not sure that the posts so far really explain that.

Surely it’s the large wash that they make. Which has been said earlier in the thread. They’re not pulling much water from under your boat but they’re sending a large wake your way. 

10 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Surely it’s the large wash that they make. Which has been said earlier in the thread. They’re not pulling much water from under your boat but they’re sending a large wake your way. 

And for a fair comparison you would need a laden coal boat to go past you at the same speed as the kayak does.

11 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

And for a fair comparison you would need a laden coal boat to go past you at the same speed as the kayak does.

I've had that.

Canoeists use the bridge at the end of my mooring to launch their canoes and Rick Cooper's Auriga frequently passes my mooring.

The canoes disturb my boat more than the laden fuel boat.

Edited by cuthound
Grandma