Tooley's book

Fennel

Featured Posts

On 14/07/2018 at 19:15, roland elsdon said:

I could have been wealthy if i had spent money on shares houses etc. instead 4 old ruins have taken my funds, and now in my dotage i am diminished from a pair of old boats and a flat to a bit of an old boat.... however i dont regret anything...

That rings bells! I sold bricks and mortar 38yrs ago to start my 'boating'. Tennants now in a farm cottage, and no resources to begin boating again. But like you - no regrets.

There has been a bit of movement on news regarding the book since Fennel posted a couple of weeks ago which I suspect may not be entirely coincidence. It appears the book does exist and a launch is imminent. Personally I thought it well worthy of encouragement - in financial form - for someone taking a risk in a venture that isn't their main profession and on which they may lose money.

Like much of canal history a lot more is known of the last 80 years than the 150 years before that. If the book redresses some of that imbalance I shall feel it was well worth it.

JP