Sheepish sheep

nicknorman

Featured Posts

7 minutes ago, nb Innisfree said:

Unless it's a special service call all call outs are classed as an emergency complete with lights and horns, there's no in between. On one occasion I was asked why a man in a van wasn't sent instead of an appliance and crew just for a smell of smoke, he seemed puzzled when I said that sending a man would mean taking the appliance off the run as we didn't have spare manpower. 

That's right, the Appliance can't go if they are a man down and what if he was almost there your smell of smoke burst out in flame, that is several minutes wasted and a bigger problem to deal with

1 hour ago, Lily Rose said:

Slightly off topic but still sheep related. A few days ago we were moored overnight on the Oxford summit with the most noisy sheep I've ever come across.

It's probably old hat to you old-timers but it was new to us. There were sheep both sides of the canal and they were loud all night long. We concluded that it was ewes one side, recently separated from their lambs which had been moved, via an accommodation bridge 30 yards away, to the neighbouring field with the canal, and us, between them.

Most likely as you say the lambs have been separated from their mums, understandably they get very noisy, soon calm down though