Claydon Marina

Tonka

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, Nightwatch said:

I agree. But that's okay. More funds in CRTs coffers and they're not abusing the system.

When Cropredy marina was proposed, we were moored on farm moorings a couple of locks up from the site. Local fear was lack of water. There's always been periodic water shortages in the area. We entered Cropredy marina this morning to use the services. 90% of the boats were in there. The water shortage has not got any worse as far as I can tell. We have been away from here for about four years apart from a dash down and through this time last year. 

So, true. Get them all tucked away in marinas I say.

Yes, that's right, let CRT abuse the moorers instead. Moorers that do not venture out of the marina aren't required by law to have a licence. On private property that CRT have no statutory powers of enforcement, only the marina's terms and conditions force the buying of a licence.

You don't want 'those' types of moorer on the canal, they don't want to pay for not using the canal, or any of the facilities they are not legally required to pay for while inside private property.   

• Unimpressed 1

44 minutes ago, Higgs said:

Yes, that's right, let CRT abuse the moorers instead. Moorers that do not venture out of the marina aren't required by law to have a licence. On private property that CRT have no statutory powers of enforcement, only the marina's terms and conditions force the buying of a licence.

You don't want 'those' types of moorer on the canal, they don't want to pay for not using the canal, or any of the facilities they are not legally required to pay for while inside private property.   

Christ on a bike, you are tedious with this illogical and ridiculous hobbyhorse of yours.

Get some perspective. You're worse with this than I am with SmartGauges!

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

2 hours ago, Tecka said:

Being quite sad and having a bit of free time I've read most of the information in the link posted by Tim. So for those without the time to read through.

It's a 250 berth marina, set up as semi-individual lagoons. Essentially the owners cite potential loss of agricultural grants due to Brexit and the need to diversify

Every public comment is an objection

The EA has objected on 4 points

1/ The proposal is in a flood risk area

2/ Because the proposal requires banking to bring the level of the field to the canal it means a reduction in flood relief.

3/ There will be an impact on Wildlife and fisheries not yet mitigated

4/ Lack of connection to public sewerage and related risk of pollution

They have recommended possible ways to mitigate

The local council have objected due to the rural nature of the area, unsuitable access from road and lack of public transport in the area

The area planner objects due to visual impact and recommended reducing the scale

CRT have objected to the bridge and clubhouse design due to impact from the canal

I may not have got all this 100% right as I've spent an hour reading through and paraphrased a fair chunk.

Thanks for researching this and posting your precis. Why has no-one else greenied you?!!

In objection 3, I'm dead curious to find out what 'fisheries' are likely to be impacted. 

And other thing. The towpath telegraph says the proposed marina is to be on the towpath side, and the bridge over the entrance will not be negotiable by wheelchair users. The map seems to show it on the offside. In fact I can't reconcile the map in post 17 with the google maps view of the flight. Which way is north on the Post 17 map? It makes no sense at all to me.

20 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Thanks for researching this and posting your precis. Why has no-one else greenied you?!!

In objection 3, I'm dead curious to find out what 'fisheries' are likely to be impacted. 

And other thing. The towpath telegraph says the proposed marina is to be on the towpath side, and the bridge over the entrance will not be negotiable by wheelchair users. The map seems to show it on the offside. In fact I can't reconcile the map in post 17 with the google maps view of the flight. Which way is north on the Post 17 map? It makes no sense at all to me.

I think 'fisheries' is just relating to the general fish population rather than impacting a club, lake or farm. It's a term that I've seen the EA use in this way before. They do seem to like ambiguous terms at times.

From what I read the entrance is towpath side with a stipulation within CRT expression of interest as to the continuation of said towpath. I'm also fairly sure that I read that as the towpath is a PROW that the council themselves would install the bridge with the developer taking ownership after the fact. I think I remember a figure of £10,000 for this. There was a drawing of the bridge showing a 1:20 rise which if I remember my DDA correctly is the correct figure for wheelchair access.

I can't help as to the orientation of the map, I don't know the area well and the amount of crap I read fried my brain slightly I'm afraid ?

• Greenie 1

10 hours ago, Athy said:

I'm fairly sure that a prow is the sharp end of a boat. What do you mean?

Ditchcrawler is right, Public Right Of Way.

Sorry for using the acronym, I thought it was well known.

9 minutes ago, Tecka said:

Ditchcrawler is right, Public Right Of Way.

Sorry for using the acronym, I thought it was well known.

Well, I know it now, thanks! I think that, as jargon, it might be familiar to town planners or civil engineers but not to the public at large.

6 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

A prow is also the sharp bit of a boat/ship. A public right of way ought to be presented, to avoid confusion thus P.R.O.W. perhaps.

Perhaps, although I thought the use of capitals indicated an acronym. 

Might be better still to type the whole thing if it comes up again as it would probably still have needed an explanation.

• 1 year later...

Just trawled through this and most objections would also apply to Cropredy marina and some are plain ridiculous .One time under CRT control the marina will be watered then you forever have a side pond /pound. The EA regards fish ? stocking is by CRT and a larger expanse of water then population will increase .What animals the countryside is devoid of so many nowadays Flood plain up a hill ?the surface area of water will absorb a lot of increased level.Public transport if live aboards where allowed then maybe it would then be viable to run a service or should no more housing developement be allowed in the area for this reason ?

Hs2 will provide the transport from lunun, of course, its all symmetrical  thinking the roads will not fill with 4wds which the boat owners will have to own to get to their cottage in the marina.

napton was significantly impacted by wigrams and the extensions to calcutt and ventnor marina. The same crap will happen in claydon which no longer even has a pub. 250 boats is bigger than the no of houses there.

its part of the gradual be spoiling  of a quiet area to bring it down to the standard of the south east of england, and the home counties. Blame the gruniad a few years ago they trumpeted it as a quiet area about 15 years ago and the rot started.

never mind it will put up house prices and we will move north or west .

On 13/07/2018 at 14:02, Tim Lewis said:

The webpage has been replaced with:

Planning Application details not available

This application is no longer available for viewing. It may have been removed or restricted from public viewing.

Not sure what this means?