Hooray it's raining!

rgreg

Featured Posts

32 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

No rain whatsoever. We havnt been rained on for months. I now have a poxy great sun lamp over me daily. Flippin ott ont Thames today but still plenty of water in the river. Currently at Kings lock going up hill. Evening in pub with a few mates last night, skint with a fluffy head this morning. £5.25 a pint of Guinness.........yep its good to see Oxford is still reassuringly expensive.

Should have gone to Weth...................oh! What's the point.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Peter X said:

The rain all missed me, and we're back to endless sunshine on the Costa del Croydon, with the forecast saying no chance of rain here for another week. Scorchio.

I felt two drops yesterday.

Being SSE facing on a decent chalk slope every day is a scorcher. Been trying to work in garden and I have to swap tee shirts every hour or so soaked in sweat. Tried without shirt one day and had a touch of sun sickness.

Garden is very, very parched.

10 hours ago, matty40s said:

It briefly drizzled for 2 minutea in Coalville last night and came back to Northants where it hasn't rained since May 29th bar 7 raindrops from a sunny hazy sky two weeks ago. 

Down here in East Kent, it last rained sometime in May too.  Slight chance of rain in the coming week, but l'm not holding my breath.

It's raining in Moscow. Big downpour as they were doing the awards ceremony at the end of the World Cup Final, and I notice that at first only Putin got an umbrella held over him, the presidents of France, Croatia and FIFA were left to get soaked. It was the latter, Gianni Infantino, who went over to hand the trophy to the French captain Hugo Lloris, something which I thought was traditionally done by the head of state of the host country, but maybe Putin was worried his umbrella holder man might not cover him if he went.

Torrential rain in Oxford about an hour ago, for a few minutes. I got soaked just shutting the back doors and s!ide. Then heavy rain for another 10 minutes and moderate rain for the last half hour or so and expected to continue till late evening. 

On 13/07/2018 at 22:54, Nightwatch said:

Only if you get spooned.

Percy lost his heart and married Mabel
They took a trip to the dear old Isle of Wight
Spooning everywhere, couples over there
Going through a tunnel dark as night
Mabel started giggling in the darkness
Oh Percy do stop kissing me, said she
Percy shouted out, Will you shine a light
There's somebody kissing the wife and it isn't me

Keep your hands of she's (that's) mine
Keep your hands off she's (that's) mine
You just be careful what you do
That little bit of fancy work she doesn't belong to you
She's a nice girl I know, and she squeezes absolutely fine
You can do what you like with another fellow's wife
But keep your hands off she's (that's) mine

From the CD "They're coming back to the water." http://www.waterwaysongs.co.uk/songs_waterways_details.htm

There may well be other verses.    I learned it from an old BBC LP called NARROW BOATS (I think) which I have long lost. Although not a canal song, it was apparently popular amongst working boatmen, singing in the canalside pubs.

https://mudcat.org/thread.cfm?threadid=13720