Featured Posts

Is it possible to tint International Toplac (gloss enamel) paint using another (non-Toplac) paint, or something from B&Q?

Most websites show Toplac Snow White as having a tint of cream to it. Bought it, but (on delivery) it looks pure white to me. I'd like to tint it (just a touch) with something if possible.

Seldom a good idea to mix paint types, I would have thought.

If the colour in the can doesn't match what the shade card led to to believe, I would try asking for your money back, and to go to someone who can supply what you want.

Depending on exactly what you want, Craftmaster "Chalky White" might be an option, but if you want "creamier" than that they also do an.... errm.... Cream!

It should be fine to mix paints of the same type but it can be really difficult to get the colour you want. I have just fixed some rust damage on the sign writing panel which has a faded background. My wife has tried to match some paint to finish the repair by mixing a number of her "arty" acrylic paints. Its really really difficult to get a good match.

From memory Snow white is very white, in fact I made exactly the same mistake as you, I gave it away and got a less whitey white   Toplac 545 Mediteranean white was good for me, its still very white but not as harsh as snow white.

.............Dave

• Greenie 1

28 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Seldom a good idea to mix paint types, I would have thought.

If the colour in the can doesn't match what the shade card led to to believe, I would try asking for your money back, and to go to someone who can supply what you want.

Depending on exactly what you want, Craftmaster "Chalky White" might be an option, but if you want "creamier" than that they also do an.... errm.... Cream!

Ermine white is also a good in between white