Knowle

BWM

Featured Posts

"A replacement pump for Perry Well has been sourced and installation will be completed on Friday afternoon. At the latest, the canal will be open on Monday morning with the potential to be open sooner depending on how well the refill goes. We will update the notice over the weekend if we are able to achieve the earlier opening time."

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/notice/13413/camp-hill-top-lock-to-knowle-top-lock

10 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

This is somewhat old news surely? Closure due to a failed pump, pump has now been fixed I think, so level should be on the up.

I had heard there were problems with the level due to a failed pump but nothing about closure. Local boaters informed me a couple of hours ago.

I'd rather take a chance on giving some the report twice on the off chance that it saved someone else from inconvenience. 

1 hour ago, BWM said:

I had heard there were problems with the level due to a failed pump but nothing about closure. Local boaters informed me a couple of hours ago.

I'd rather take a chance on giving some the report twice on the off chance that it saved someone else from inconvenience. 

Yes that’s fine, I was just pointing out that it’s not something that has just happened. The original stoppage notice was a good few days ago.

2 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Yes that’s fine, I was just pointing out that it’s not something that has just happened. The original stoppage notice was a good few days ago.

Fair do's, I did have a quick look but couldn't find anything. The level on the long pound including Kingswood junction is struggling now, I doubt i'll be able to get through bridge 67 at the moment. 

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, billybobbooth said:

is this route still causing probs? going threw braunstone soon so and go other way to Birmingham if needs be

It depends on what you mean by Birmingham, but why go that route anyway.

49 minutes ago, billybobbooth said:

is this route still causing probs? going threw braunstone soon so and go other way to Birmingham if needs be

I understand that the Stratford is very low and causing difficulties for deeper drafted boats, as far as i'm aware Knowle has reopened now. 

14 minutes ago, BWM said:

I understand that the Stratford is very low and causing difficulties for deeper drafted boats, as far as i'm aware Knowle has reopened now. 

oh good so I'll be fine in a 3 foot 6 deep drafted wooden josher

Northern stratford appalling last week.

loads of soft silt as well as hard lumps several complete halts for us. Also the inhabitants of shirley think the canal is a black bin repository.

it was circa 5 inches off all the way (well it wouldnt change!)

low spots the drawbridge, the lift bridges above lapworth and the earlswood boating club.  Took us 10 hrs top lapworth to gas st.

On 25/07/2018 at 22:04, roland elsdon said:

Northern stratford appalling last week. 

I do sympathise.  That patch is always difficult.  It was one of the determining factors which led us to sell our deep drafted boat two years ago.  I was getting to the point where, after thirty-odd years of boating, I wasn't enjoying it any more.  What a fantastic difference now that we've just got the shallow drafted motorised butty.