Sunk boat

ditchcrawler

Featured Posts

I reckon that's not far off normal, maybe an inch or two down at most. She always sits very low in the water, its that Kelvin! ... and mtb is used to people accusing him of sinking. She might be sat just a little on the bottom and so tilted over an inch, but I reckon she's ok.    

And he's put a Whipergen in, that can't help, that was pretty heavy!

..............Dave

Had a message back from mike following my phone call. He referred to a joke boats for sale thing going round. He's about to do some bell ringing for a funeral. Not sure if he knows about this thread.

i didn't mention the reason for me getting ho,d of him. Didn't want to alarm. 

Edited by Nightwatch

Thanks for the warning, I only left the boat 20 mins ago (funeral in the church to ring at) but the skeg is firmly aground and the boat listing to port. The waterline other side is 4” above the water! Will be back in a while to double check...

Ok been back to the boat now and all is fine. Water level has risen, boat is floating again and that guard iron is an inch above the waterline now! Still can't see the thread on facebook though.

Thanks for the heads up to DC and Matty.

2 hours ago, Nightwatch said:

That's mike the boilermans boat. I'll pm him now.

i have phoned mike and left a message.

is anyone in contact with Mike?

That is what I thought but wasn't 100% sure hence posting it on here

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Ok been back to the boat now and all is fine. Water level has risen, boat is floating again and that guard iron is an inch above the waterline now! Still can't see the thread on facebook though.

Thanks for the heads up to DC and Matty.

Its in the K&A group https://www.facebook.com/groups/178384468913736/permalink/1756565474428953/

Well at least campanology is ap pealing- glad your boat is ok. A few years ago Steve and myself hired a boat from Anderton we had a problem with that craft as it was leaking water into the inside from the heating system. It had an automatic pump that was working overtime-after having it checked out, we returned to the boatyard at Anderton for repair and a a replacement part.

Edited by Heartland