Aqualine Canterbury

John Wetton

Featured Posts

Hi folks, 

Just joined the forum after starting the process of buying a 60' Aqualine Canterbury to line on ?

I'm sure I'll have loads of questions over time, but just two at the moment - 

1) anybody know what paints Aqualine use? We're going to need to touch up the topsides at bow and stern in a few places and want to make sure we use compatible paint. 

2) any suggestions on how to secure kayaks to the roof? Need to store 2 (at least). Do people drill the hand rail on the roof, or get something welded to it? 

Cheers for now, 

John 

If the boat is fairly recent, then it will have been built to the Recreational

Craft Directive (RCD), and thus will come with a manual. The manual should specify types of paint used.

Can't help with the kayak rack though. 

Cheers for that, she's a 2009 boat so will have a manual - need to get the survey done and pay the balance before getting proper access to manuals ?

Looking to get ahead of the curve on the jobs list. 

Cheers for now, 

John 

Boat is 9 years old, the original paint will likely have faded and lost some of its shine, degree of fade will depend upon colours and frequency of maintenance (polishing etc). Even if you get the exact same paint it won't match so don't worry too much. I find a hint of matting additive can help the new to blend in with the old, but many people think boats look better as they age a bit anyway, the quest for a perfectly shiny boat without any scratches is folly. 

A pristine boat with a single obvious scratch looks very sad whilst a beaten up old working boat always looks good.

................Dave

• Greenie 2

Cheers for that Dave, 

Not looking for perfect, just looking to keep rust at bay ?

Considering a deliberate repaint of bow and stern to "book end" the rest of the hull. Thinking ideas through at this stage ahead of completing the purchase of the boat. 

Cheers for now, 

John 

4 minutes ago, dmr said:

A pristine boat with a single obvious scratch looks very sad whilst a beaten up old working boat always looks good.

................Dave

Same as an old Land Rover, shiny ones just dont look right.

Aqualines are virtually all 2 pack sprayed paint jobs. The manual doesn't always state the colours used as these are quite generic ( same one used for all Canterbury ).

We have found that Aqualine are quite helpful supplying Ral numbers though from their boat history records. 

Hi Matty, 

Cheers for that. Do you have contact details for them please? 

I've tried the contact form online with no reply. Other than that, I've only seen two numbers for sales. 

Cheers for now, 

John