Things have cooled in the bedroom - is it true that less is more?

Sea Dog

Featured Posts

So, it's the hottest summer since the old king died or 1976 depending on whether you were there or not.  We've been cruising the parched tropic of Macclesfield for a while now, wondering whether the thinner duvet was onboard and forgetting to pursue the issue before bed time (we have one of those where there's thick and thin summer and spring/autumn elements which click together for when there's ice on the canal 4 tog + 10.5 tog = 15 tog).  Today, Mrs Sea Dog has an epiphany: What if....

Sure enough, we've been trying to sleep under the combined 15 togs!  :banghead: Tonight it'll be 4 togs for me and I don't care if there's an amber weather warning for snow and ice in the Peak District!  

Sleeping naked on the floor in the galley with the side doors open is quite comfortable.  Mind you it does create a bit of a stir in the morning if you forget to close the curtains.

19 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Tonight it'll be 4 togs for me and I don't care if there's an amber weather warning for snow and ice in the Peak District

As per the freak snow storm of  June 1975 in the Peak District. 

When I decided to throw my tent onto the back of my little suzuki ts125 and have a couple nights camping around Buxton area, bad error. 

No warning in that case though

19 hours ago, reg said:

As per the freak snow storm of  June 1975 in the Peak District. 

When I decided to throw my tent onto the back of my little suzuki ts125 and have a couple nights camping around Buxton area, bad error. 

No warning in that case though

It's famous in the annals of Derbyshire County Cricket Club: they were playing Lancashire at Buxton, and Snow Stopped Play. The umpire Dickie Bird was most upset. The match resumed the following day in bright, warm sunshine.

3 hours ago, Athy said:

It's famous in the annals of Derbyshire County Cricket Club: they were playing Lancashire at Buxton, and Snow Stopped Play. The umpire Dickie Bird was most upset. The match resumed the following day in bright, warm sunshine.

It was brilliant weather both sides of it happening that's why I thought, the day before, I'll just throw my tent and sleeping bag on to the bike and have a couple of nights out in the Peak District around the bakewell Buxton area. I was basically only wearing jeans, teashirt and plimsolls. Pitched the tent went to sleep, woke up in the morning to about a foot or two of snow and a number of collapsed tents. 

Packed up and rode down in the snow, in my jeans and tee-shirt, to the cafe near sudbury Hall on the a50 where a very kind lady sat me near the radiator and plied me with hot drinks and food. 

A nice little unexpected adventure 

Edited by reg
  • Greenie 1

4 hours ago, reg said:

It was brilliant weather both sides of it happening that's why I thought, the day before, I'll just throw my tent and sleeping bag on to the bike and have a couple of nights out in the Peak District around the bakewell Buxton area. I was basically only wearing jeans, teashirt and plimsolls. Pitched the tent went to sleep, woke up in the morning to about a foot or two of snow and a number of collapsed tents. 

Packed up and rode down in the snow, in my jeans and tee-shirt, to the cafe near sudbury Hall on the a50 where a very kind lady sat me near the radiator and plied me with hot drinks and food. 

A nice little unexpected adventure 

Better when looked back upon that at the time though, I suspect! :D

55 minutes ago, Ssscrudddy said:

1 of these comments reminded of 1 time going to a bike rally, we went over the mountain. When we dropped down into the valley everyone was walking around in shorts & t shirts, yet we were plastered in snow!

Was it the dragon by any chance?