How much to spend

The dog lady

Featured Posts

19 hours ago, Richard10002 said:

Our surveyor said, “if you don’t buy it, I will!”, although he didn’t record that in his written report.

Our surveyor said "it has lots of faults but don't let that put you off". So we reduced the offer it was accepted.  

I am sitting on the boat now. Life doesn't get any better. 

Edited by MartynG

Ditchcrawler - we are - if all goes well. But there was a lot of 'discussion' along the way re price, how much to pay, style etc. I favoured a cruiser, other half fancied himself standing proudly at rear of a trad, tiller in hand. So guess whose view prevailed? Just storing up info/advice for an 'I told you so' opportunity.

Probably too late, but never spend to the top of your budget, always leave enough in the pot to cover all the running costs and surprise expenses that will keep cropping up.

Good luck and enjoy!

3 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

So you actually 'spend' 20% more than you've got - that's how folks get in debt.

2 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

No, he's only spent 95%. He has 5% left but thinks he has 5 times more, so doesn't buy new batteries and runs his engine every few hours!

Hence my 'spend' in inverted commas - its not yet spent but it soon will be.