Whats going On ?

Parahandy

Featured Posts

Trent and Mersey, Coventry and Caldon and North Oxford all looking well manicured and grass cutting teams observed in the last couple of weeks during a trip from Long Itchington to Froghall and back.

6 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

So, given it didn't need cutting in May anyway, I applaud CRT for not cutting it.

Anyone got any photos of it now?

They might just illustrate this thread is another example of CRT-knocking.

Not at all Mike , in fact very far from it . The Grass is unusually high and normally the Fountains Blokes would have been around by now , at this rate I shall have to fetch my own Strimmer when I paint the " gunnels " ?

7 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

WTF is this? I WANT ONE!!!!

Wyvern  Shipping hire boat.

(assuming you mean the blue thing....)

Edited by alan_fincher

59 minutes ago, Boater Sam said:

Though our canal, Middlewich branch , is effectively closed, the towpath has been cut twice. Last year the cut it with 4" of snow on it.

Contractors wanting their money and doing what they've been asked to do.

4 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Is it some sort of yolk? Or will someone tell me it's all white?

A massive wasp nest.

On 07/07/2018 at 09:03, Parahandy said:

Well there has at this juncture been nothing " Cut " between Cosgrove and the Three Locks so far this Summer , time will tell I guess

Fountains have just cut from Leighton Buzzard to  Marsworth - but I reckon they missed two cuts this summer and assumed it was a cost-saving reduction.  Nothing to do with paying for new signage of course as that's a marketing budget, that appears not to have been cut at all!!

20 hours ago, Parahandy said:

I shall have to fetch my own Strimmer when I paint the " gunnels " ?

NO! Just start painting - you can be sure that within a couple of hours the lad who drew the short straw will be behind you with the strimmer.

• Haha 1

To stay current (with "Da Kidz" and hipster generation) this thread should be titled "Wa G'wan!"

And I was a bit disappointed to find out that the grey egg was an art project,.

Much more British to be an eccentric. :lol:

On 06/07/2018 at 21:34, alan_fincher said:

There has definitely been some cutting on GU South.  Whether as much as in the past, I can't say, but it certainly has not stopped altogether.

The towpath cutting team used to be about 4 or 5 blokes, one sit on mower, several Strimmers and a couple of hedge and branch loppers. 

Last week on the Weedon stretch of the GU, there was one chap pushing a motor mower, who cut the central pathway only, and another chap with a blower over his shoulder who also carried a large bottle of water.  They came back 1/2 hour later to their van, the mower following the same at it had gone out on, and the blower still firmly ensconced on the contractors shoulder.

On 07/07/2018 at 20:10, Mike the Boilerman said:

Is it some sort of yolk? Or will someone tell me it's all white?

Surely someone didn't she'll out for that? ?

On 07/07/2018 at 14:29, BWM said:

And onwards through Lapworth up through Knowle, i've noticed that they don't cut next to moored boats-a dead giveaway, highlighting those that don't like moving. 

I've noticed that they don't cut the grass next next to moored boats on the Coventry. There one boat near Alvecote  that has been moored for two grass cuttings. The grass by the boat is now well above the bottom of the windows.

51 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Surely someone didn't she'll out for that? ?

I've noticed that they don't cut the grass next next to moored boats on the Coventry. There one boat near Alvecote  that has been moored for two grass cuttings. The grass by the boat is now well above the bottom of the windows.

There's one by the navigation at Lapworth who's been there for the three cuts done this year, the grass reached just under roof level and has now collapsed!

The thing that amused me was that he cut a six inch strip alongside the boat, I assume because the ants were active..

Edited by BWM