Steam and early diesel engines on the L&LC, talk on 29 July

Pluto

Featured Posts

I am giving a talk on the 29 July about the steam and early diesel engines used by L&LC boats. The talk will be on board Kennet, which will be moored at Greenberfield, and the cost is £5, which will go to supporting Kennet. Places are limited to 30, given the space on board, so if you would like to attend, please PM me. An advert for the talk is below.

Steam talk 29-7-2018.Reduce to 150 dpi average quality - STANDARD COMPRESSION.pdf1756099994_Steamtalk29-7-2018.jpg.b66b4f8ae3b5df933d1035c22fcbbe22.jpg

Edited by Pluto
pic added
  • Greenie 1

They viewed the gas engined boat trials on the Bridgewater, and then used a full diesel engine instead, the first use of a true diesel to power a ship or boat anywhere in the world. There were subsequent proposals for producer gas which I may mention in the talk.

• 3 weeks later...

Still places left for the talk. Only £5, which will be a great help in keeping Kennet in good order as the closure of the canal will hit our income this year. I may give another talk, perhaps on The water supply to the L&LC, sometime over the weekend of 1 and 2 September if we are still restricted to the summit level.