JOHN WHITE BOAT BUILDER,IS HE ANY GOOD

Featured Posts

Just now, rusty69 said:

Hi mrsmelly. Welcome to the forum. I have never heard of blah blah blah builder, but I'm sure one of the other helpful forum members will be along shortly to, well, help! 

:P

11 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Or

High everybody I am a new forum member but would realy like some help with a boat purchasing decision before I go ahead. The builder was a Blah blah blah are they a well respected builder.

Thanks in advance for any advice :D

Hmmmm. Hi not High. “Realy” is spelt “really” and you missed a comma or full stop after the blahs, and a question mark after the question.

Oh as to the boat builder, I’ve no idea.

6 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Hmmmm. Hi not High. “Realy” is spelt “really” and you missed a comma or full stop after the blahs, and a question mark after the question.

:D

11 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

I suppose  he could have gone onto another forum and said " Hello you f'in c's, I am buyin a boat by a Tw-t called blah blah blah what do you set of Wa----s think?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Not too scared particularly. There are people there I Just Don't Like. 

I don't know why people are too scared to go over there, I joined recently, its just a bunch of pussy cats, apart from one big cat who is a bit unpleasant but he only calls occasionally, sprays his stuff around and leaves. Once the smell dissipates its tolerable again. 

2 minutes ago, Winn said:

I don't know why people are too scared to go over there, I joined recently, its just a bunch of pussy cats, apart from one big cat who is a bit unpleasant but he only calls occasionally, sprays his stuff around and leaves. Once the smell dissipates its tolerable again. 

They have cleaned their act up a lot recently. When i first joined every other word was f<"( and c<;[.

Not for me. 

Edited by rusty69

15 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

They have cleaned their act up a lot recently. When i first joined every other word was f<"( and c<;[.

Not for me. 

Sticks and stones comes to mind but it can be cathartic in a safe way. There are people there that care and vice has a way of sinking under it. 

7 minutes ago, Winn said:

Sticks and stones comes to mind but it can be cathartic in a safe way. There are people there that care and vice has a way of sinking under it. 

I'm not scared to go there. There are some good people there, as there are here. I am able to swear as well as the next man when required. What i found distracting was every sentence seemed to require some swearing, like when i was a teenager! (look at some of the older threads, if they haven't purged them) 

Still, if that's what you like, you have the choice of both forums. 

Just now, rusty69 said:

I'm not scared to go there. There are some good people there, as there are here. I am able to swear as well as the next man when required. What i found distracting was every sentence seemed to require some swearing, like when i was a teenager! (look at some of the older threads, if they haven't purged them) 

Still, if that's what you like, you have the choice of both forums. 

Yes older threads are still there, I've been reading for quite some time (nothing gets purged there, except certain libel) Malevolent forces are everywhere, life anywhere isn't a cocoon of 'please dont hurt me' shit happens, it gets dealt with.   Both forums exist succesfully and it isn't a case of "what you like" aspects of both forums I absolutely do not like but you cannot brand Thunderboat as 'bad' just because of occasional swearing, you grow up and are able to ignore it.  How many times has it been said "they are nothing like their online persona"  Some like to posture or get angry, being able to explode with harmless words might mean less actual violence, who knows.   Peer pressure works without smacking hands, patronising guff, and deleting to preserve a synthetic cotton wool land. 

3 minutes ago, Winn said:

Yes older threads are still there, I've been reading for quite some time (nothing gets purged there, except certain libel) Malevolent forces are everywhere, life anywhere isn't a cocoon of 'please dont hurt me' shit happens, it gets dealt with.   Both forums exist succesfully and it isn't a case of "what you like" aspects of both forums I absolutely do not like but you cannot brand Thunderboat as 'bad' just because of occasional swearing, you grow up and are able to ignore it.  How many times has it been said "they are nothing like their online persona"  Some like to posture or get angry, being able to explode with harmless words might mean less actual violence, who knows.   Peer pressure works without smacking hands, patronising guff, and deleting to preserve a synthetic cotton wool land. 

I don't thin k you were around to witness the considerable bad feeling stirred up on here by the originators of thunderboat. I (and perhaps some others here) feel no particular need or desire to engage any further with some of the people on thunderboat. 

• Greenie 3

1 minute ago, Winn said:

Yes older threads are still there, I've been reading for quite some time (nothing gets purged there, except certain libel) Malevolent forces are everywhere, life anywhere isn't a cocoon of 'please dont hurt me' shit happens, it gets dealt with.   Both forums exist succesfully and it isn't a case of "what you like" aspects of both forums I absolutely do not like but you cannot brand Thunderboat as 'bad' just because of occasional swearing, you grow up and arle to ignore it.  How many times has it been said "they are nothing like their online persona"  Some like to posture or get angry, being able to explode with harmless words might mean less actual violence, who knows.   Peer pressure works without smacking hands, patronising guff, and deleting to preserve a synthetic cotton wool land. 

I think members there were requested to check their posts and delete any that infringed the boards terms and conditions, so you may not have access to all content.

I get all I need from this forum so feel no need to post on the other, although very occasionally look in,but find it is less and less these days.

1 minute ago, Phil Ambrose said:

Where would that forum be?

Hi Phil

I only looked once and thats precisely what I read on more than one thread, ably backed up by the brain donor who set the forum up.

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Hi Phil

I only looked once and thats precisely what I read on more than one thread, ably backed up by the brain donor who set the forum up.

Well I would humbly suggest that in the last 2 years it has grown up considerably, we do have some very active lady members Patty Ann, Dyertribe, Trina (The Bearwood Boster) Metanoia and Betty Boo (now sadly deceased) and generally the language now is representative of a female membership.

Phil 

• Happy 2

2 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Hi Phil

I looked at CWDF once. It was terrible with mad mods running wild and banning members on a whim, deleting posts so threads didn’t make sense, lots and lots of agro and bullying. I never went back.

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Not for me. 

it was that way but to be fair it's better and the c word does get condemned.

a lot of the early trouble was believed to be down to a few people trying to disrupt the place. 

I hope the two can exist together. as the they offer different things. 

anyway to the op. I've no idea, I only have liverpool boat.

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, Phil Ambrose said:

generally the language now is representative of a female membership.

Phil 

As someone who worked in the food processing industry that was a majority of females I am not sure about that one

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

When someone dies, their profile will remain 'live' surely, as no-one will be in a position to delete it?

Apparently so, yes - one learns new things every day.

This must be quite recent, as she lasted posted in December.

(Belated) R.I.P. Mrs. Boo.

Edited by Athy