JOHN WHITE BOAT BUILDER,IS HE ANY GOOD

Featured Posts

8 hours ago, paul jones said:

I WRITE IN CAPs SO THAT I CAN SEE WHAT I AM WRITING   AND NOT MAKE ANY SPELLING MISTAKES UN LIKE SOME NOTHING TO DO WITH DONALD TRUMP OR ANYTHING ELSE. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE EVER BEEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND FROM THE CRAP I HAVE HAD OVER THE LAST TWO HOURS IT MAY WELL BE THE LAST ALL I WANTED WAS TO FIND OUT ABOUT A BOAT I WAS THINKING OF BUYING NOT A LESSON ON INTERWEB ETIQUETTE, GOAT HEAD.

There is hope.

4 hours ago, MCFastybloke said:

There is hope.

Could get worse what if he buys the boat. If he gets hot under the collar for being told about caps what's he gonna do when someone tells him Ecofans don't work.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Midnight said:

Could get worse what if he buys the boat. If he gets hot under the collar for being told about caps what's he gonna do when someone tells him Ecofans don't work.

OR THAT HE CAN'T RUN HIS ENGINE AT MIDNIGHT

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Phil Ambrose said:

Nothing changes here does it?

True. A newbie comes on here asking for advice, then gets shirty and chucks insults around repeatedly, and all the usual suspects come out and say 'poor newbie, got chased way'.

• Happy 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Phil Ambrose said:

Nothing changes here does it? A newbie is really made welcome by all the usual suspects, all totally uncalled for. Walks away shaking head.

Phil 

Some would contest your assessment.

As the abuse was directed at me (well - at my handle), I am tempted to reply, but in moderate terms.

I find it disturbing that folks come on forums for advice and expect others to spend time in replying specifically without any comment or gentle teasing. They forget that for any forum to survive and be useful in the long term requires two way communication - quite a bit of which may drift off topic and perhaps back again. That usually enriches the subject under discussion.

It would be great if Mr. Jones comes back calms down a bit and enriches this forum with his views on any John White that he views - it might be helpful to others.

• Greenie 2

6 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I find myself wondering how this thread would have developed, had it been on Thunderboat instead...

You have no idea since you’re too scaredy to go there!

Edited by nicknorman
  • Greenie 1

I can see both sides to this argument. The OP asked a perfectly reasonable question and the second reply was an attempt at humour which probably got his hackles up a bit (as he said, it was his first venture on to the forum). This then escalated with the "shouting" remarks although someone did explain the issue here to the OP. The OPs response was unacceptable but probably driven by sheer frustration. 

• Greenie 2

1 hour ago, rgreg said:

I can see both sides to this argument. The OP asked a perfectly reasonable question and the second reply was an attempt at humour which probably got his hackles up a bit (as he said, it was his first venture on to the forum). This then escalated with the "shouting" remarks although someone did explain the issue here to the OP. The OPs response was unacceptable but probably driven by sheer frustration. 

Yes to some extent. But when people come on here asking a question as a first post (ie looking to gain something for nothing) and then get angry and abusive as soon as they don’t get exactly the sorts of replies they want, I suggest they are not really the sorts of people this forum wants or needs. They would be better on a closed Facebook group where everyone complies with the groupthink and there is no chance of the shock and horror of having to try to tolerate someone who disagrees with you or has an alternative way of thinking.

• Greenie 1

"Look, I'm new to this forum and forums in general, so just answer the question that I'm not giving you enough information about with the answer that I've already decided I want hear, and phrase your answer in the style that I think forums should have, and be quick about it. Got it?"

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, system 4-50 said:

"Look, I'm new to this forum and forums in general, so just answer the question that I'm not giving you enough information about with the answer that I've already decided I want hear, and phrase your answer in the style that I think forums should have, and be quick about it. Got it?"

Goat head. 

;)

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Yes to some extent. But when people come on here asking a question as a first post (ie looking to gain something for nothing) and then get angry and abusive as soon as they don’t get exactly the sorts of replies they want, I suggest they are not really the sorts of people this forum wants or needs. They would be better on a closed Facebook group where everyone complies with the groupthink and there is no chance of the shock and horror of having to try to tolerate someone who disagrees with you or has an alternative way of thinking.

and not the sort of people we need on the cut either.

...............Dave

17 minutes ago, system 4-50 said:

In fairness to the OP I think his initial question "I AM THINKING OF BUYING A JOHN WHITE BUILT BOAT IT IS 8 YEARS OLD IS HE ANY GOOD?" is adequate to ask if John White is a good builder. Brief yes, but understandable, which is why I responded that he had a good reputation up North.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, system 4-50 said:

Sorreee!, forgot to include the smillie, so here it is - :D  This wasn't aimed at this OP in particular, more at an attitude in general.

Or

High everybody I am a new forum member but would realy like some help with a boat purchasing decision before I go ahead. The builder was a Blah blah blah are they a well respected builder.

Thanks in advance for any advice :D

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Or

High everybody I am a new forum member but would realy like some help with a boat purchasing decision before I go ahead. The builder was a Blah blah blah are they a well respected builder.

Thanks in advance for any advice :D

Hi mrsmelly. Welcome to the forum. I have never heard of blah blah blah builder, but I'm sure one of the other helpful forum members will be along shortly to, well, help!