Sewage

Su Jonesy

Featured Posts

18 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

After a comment like that, you should change you name to Elan de Anfield :)

I'm told Liverpool is a bit of a sh.. place.

4 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

A Lotus e Sprit would be more nautical. 

Now you are just taking the piss and composting the whole idea.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

There is a thread going on Facebook now, all the dirty boaters on the T&M making the water brown with sewage in the Narrowboat Users Group 

Yup, its spreading, there a load on the T&M just South of Preston Brook Tunnel, its drifted all the way down from Parbold.

.............Dave

2 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

There is a thread going on Facebook now, all the dirty boaters on the T&M making the water brown with sewage in the Narrowboat Users Group 

Surely the majority of narrowboaters can tell the difference between sewage and decaying material rising from the canal bed.

6 minutes ago, Jerra said:

Surely the majority of narrowboaters can tell the difference between sewage and decaying material rising from the canal bed.

I would suggest that narrowboaters are not a special group of intelligent people, and, probably mirror society in general by having a population with wide ranging abilities and intelligence.

2 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I would suggest that narrowboaters are not a special group of intelligent people, and, probably mirror society in general by having a population with wide ranging abilities and intelligence.

With regard to abilities and intelligence but regarding experience of canals and what happens in different weather conditions they would I think have plenty of experience.

If they think it is sewage do they assume people only "fly pump" in summer and not winter.

6 minutes ago, Jerra said:

With regard to abilities and intelligence but regarding experience of canals and what happens in different weather conditions they would I think have plenty of experience.

If they think it is sewage do they assume people only "fly pump" in summer and not winter.

Like you (at least I think you do ) I've always either had an intrest in or worked outside, plus I've done a bit of study, sometimes because I wanted to and sometimes I needed to.

Anyway the point of that ramble is many people just don't,  I am often gobsmacked what people don't see or if they do see don't understand. 

Simply,  see poo like floating stuff so it must be poo, first time I saw this I was on my hands and knees pulling some out and having a look/sniff :)

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, tree monkey said:

Like you (at least I think you do ) I've always either had an intrest in or worked outside, plus I've done a bit of study, sometimes because I wanted to and sometimes I needed to.

Anyway the point of that ramble is many people just don't,  I am often gobsmacked what people don't see or if they do see don't understand. 

Simply,  see poo like floating stuff so it must be poo, first time I saw this I was on my hands and knees pulling some out and having a look/sniff :)

Ah I probably think everybody is like you and I.  I don't know what it is so I will investigate/find out.  The idea of cruising through what I think to be sewage without checking is just so foreign to me.

25 minutes ago, Jerra said:

Some boaters only went on a boat for the first time on Saturday, they dont all have years of experiance

18 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Some boaters only went on a boat for the first time on Saturday, they dont all have years of experiance

Are they likely to be doing much contributing to a facebook group for narrowboaters?

29 minutes ago, Jerra said:

Are they likely to be doing much contributing to a facebook group for narrowboaters?

They could be posting questions like :

Why do people have to empty their pump out toilets into the canal? In Burscough this happens everyday as boaters seem to think because this is a quite stretch the can.

This weather it's terribly smelly and a health hazzard. I darent carry out prop clearing. Offenders should be fined or their licences revoked.

4 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

They could be posting questions like :

Why do people have to empty their pump out toilets into the canal? In Burscough this happens everyday as boaters seem to think because this is a quite stretch the can.

This weather it's terribly smelly and a health hazzard. I darent carry out prop clearing. Offenders should be fined or their licences revoked.

Fair enough

1 hour ago, tree monkey said:

First time I saw it I didn't feel the need to investigate. There was so much of it I immediately concluded it couldn't possibly be pumped out effluent. The thought initially crossed my mind but I only entertained it for about ten seconds.

Last time I was on the G&S moored at Slimbridge and the big trip boat was moored just over the other side with all his passengers going to the birdy place there was a big brown slick that appeared around his stern while they were away, I don't think he was stirring the mud up without his prop turning but I could be wrong

I've just retired from working for a well known waist management company dealing with human waist, tankering from sesspits to spreading on crop fields,(yes you probably eat it) what I am seeing on the water here is not human waist but rotting vegetation and algie so much algie the water has turned a lovely green with brown patches.caused buy the heat wave we are having.

All of it goes in the head of the works, either through pipes or tanker they don't sepperate blue added or not.

3 minutes ago, Billy Boy said:

I've just retired from working for a well known waist management company dealing with human waist, tankering from sesspits to spreading on crop fields,(yes you probably eat it) what I am seeing on the water here is not human waist but rotting vegetation and algie so much algie the water has turned a lovely green with brown patches.caused buy the heat wave we are having.

The stuff in the Burscough / Parbold area sinks below the water when the sun goes off it.