Sewage

Su Jonesy

Featured Posts

This brown frothy sludge like matter is certainly not sewage based as far as I can see. It's all along the Leeds and Liverpool from Burscough and the Rufford branch onto Wigan and Leigh and on towards Manchester  I was curious and scooped some up into a pint glass as went through a large area. It's some form of brown lumpy algae and isn't smelly. I'm sure it's being caused by the warm weather.

• Greenie 1

3 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Whilst an individual can legally do anything that it is not specifically illegal to do, it is the reverse for a company. A company can only do what it is authorised to do.

Attorney-General v. Great Eastern Railway Co. (1880) 5 App.Cas. 473, Lord Blackburn said, at p. 481: 'where there is an Act of Parliament creating a corporation for a particular purpose, and giving it powers for that particular purpose, what it does not expressly or impliedly authorise is to be taken to be prohibited; ...' [my emphasis]

This was cited with approval by the same House in the 1991 judgment in McCarthy & Stone v Richmond LBC, with all 5 Law Lords in unanimous agreement on the point.

Yes, no disagreement there - but what are you responding to? Where have I suggested that a company should do something it’s not entitled to do? 

22 hours ago, Aguila said:

That stuff was green when it first appeared around Appley Lock a couple of weeks ago. How anyone can mistake it for sewage is beyond me (no smell, no loo paper, etc). 

There's more "sewage" between the Ring O' Bells pub and the Rufford Branch junction than anywhere else, but it's everywhere!

DSCN0484c.jpg.32bfa3dba3308a3497bc23a260b258ca.jpgDSCN0485c.jpg.829ccdf721ddeb914a5789b0a03031cd.jpg

Not particularly good pics I'm afraid but the DSLR was at home. 

Edited by Aguila

9 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

They are still not "s**t" photos, though, are they ?!?

I think it's some form of vegetation, but I'm not prepared to scoop a handful up to find out for sure !!!

28 minutes ago, andyberg said:

Su's known in both The Farmers & The Slipway pub, where she moors between as being ' not the brightest' when it comes to living on a boat! ?

This thread proves that!

That was not very nice

14 hours ago, andyberg said:

Su's known in both The Farmers & The Slipway pub, where she moors between as being ' not the brightest' when it comes to living on a boat! ?

This thread proves that!

I might not be the brightest. And yes made some silly mistakes. Seems you wan't to make this personal. I only made a comment. TROLL LOL

Oh I see now you are on the Lancaster.

Edited by Su Jonesy
extra details

On 06/07/2018 at 20:42, Aguila said:

There's more "sewage" between the Ring O' Bells pub and the Rufford Branch junction than anywhere else, but it's everywhere!

DSCN0484c.jpg.32bfa3dba3308a3497bc23a260b258ca.jpgDSCN0485c.jpg.829ccdf721ddeb914a5789b0a03031cd.jpg

Not particularly good pics I'm afraid but the DSLR was at home. 

Tis an iceberg. My mistake, tis a turdberg! 

9 hours ago, Su Jonesy said:

I might not be the brightest. And yes made some silly mistakes. Seems you wan't to make this personal. I only made a comment. TROLL LOL

Oh I see now you are on the Lancaster.

FWIW, I think the comments made about you were absolutely disgraceful, and say far more about the originator than you.

• Greenie 3

On 01/07/2018 at 17:16, Su Jonesy said:

Why do people have to empty their pump out toilets into the canal? In Burscough this happens everyday as boaters seem to think because this is a quite stretch the can.

This weather it's terribly smelly and a health hazzard. I darent carry out prop clearing. Offenders should be fined or their licences revoked.

Why do you single out pump out toilet owners when there are also cassette/Elsan owners doing it as well. Presumably you have seen the culprits doing this disgusting practice so you will have reported them, or are you just making an assumption?

Edited by Flyboy
Edited for spelling

Having had my arm down to the bottom of my pumpout tank on a few occasions.....that doesn't totally fit with what I saw from my macerator ?

If it is sewerage...have you considered someone parked near the bank in a RV or camper van ?..just a thought.

1 hour ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

FWIW, I think the comments made about you were absolutely disgraceful, and say far more about the originator than you.

Much appreciated. Just wish I could close this down now. I thought this was a sight for communicating and finding out stuff.