GRP Transom Repair

Von

Featured Posts

We bought a Norman Cruiser and have found that someone along the line has done repairs on the back corners and now the (bodged) repairs have fallen to bits and we have been left with 2 cracks that go way under the waterline and at the bottom the cracks are actually holes !!! The wood reinforcement is now rotten right across the Transom and needs to be renewed.

The boat yard that has lifted the cruiser out of the water, said that the wood needs to be removed via the tiny space under the floor. This is so tiny, how do you work in there with angle grinders etc. ???

I suggested removing the rear section of floor panel to make it easier to access but they said I cannot do that as it will effect the rigidity of the boat. Is this correct ??

Has anyone ever done this type of repair ?? Would be grateful for any input from anyone with any ideas.

Many thanks.

I cant comment on what you cold do as not seeing it is difficult to make an appropriate suggestion..

But this is what i did this to my boat a while ago. You can use poly resin or epoxy resin, if poly then a good few coats of a decent waterproof primer will be good or a topcoat added as epoxy is crazy money.

think this is the correct page

Edited by W+T

4 minutes ago, WotEver said:

30th August 2015.... 22 months ago...

:D

Sod off Tony, you know how it is lol. the way its going its going to be another 12 months lol. hey i did a bit more this week :)