Pressure Adjustment On Freshwater Pump

Sarahr

Featured Posts

We have a Jabsco Par - Max 2.9 freshwater pump fitted on our boat. We have been advised to see if we can adjust the pressure down a little on at as the flush on the loo is squirting a bit too hard and spilling water over the floor lower water pressure will probably help the problem. We don’t seem to be able to find out how to do this on this pump (maybe it it not possible) . I have looked on line and don’t seem to be able to find any answers. Can any of you lovely people help? 

Just now, Sarahr said:

We have a Jabsco Par - Max 2.9 freshwater pump fitted on our boat. We have been advised to see if we can adjust the pressure down a little on at as the flush on the loo is squirting a bit too hard and spilling water over the floor lower water pressure will probably help the problem. We don’t seem to be able to find out how to do this on this pump (maybe it it not possible) . I have looked on line and don’t seem to be able to find any answers. Can any of you lovely people help? 

There is a screw on the end of the head of the pump. However first is it a Cassette toilet? There are inserts for the feedpipe to lower the volume of water delivered. I doubt water pressure is wrong?

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

There is a screw on the end of the head of the pump. However first is it a Cassette toilet? There are inserts for the feedpipe to lower the volume of water delivered. I doubt water pressure is wrong?

It’s a cassette loo yes it is a thetford which is plumbed into the boats water supply we had lots of issues fitting it the blue water pipe feeding the water kept leaking and is still leaking very slightly the chap who fitted it thinks that the pressure is a little too high. I know there is a screw to adjust the pressure but can’t find it on the pump anywhere!! 

12 minutes ago, Sarahr said:

It’s a cassette loo yes it is a thetford which is plumbed into the boats water supply we had lots of issues fitting it the blue water pipe feeding the water kept leaking and is still leaking very slightly the chap who fitted it thinks that the pressure is a little too high. I know there is a screw to adjust the pressure but can’t find it on the pump anywhere!! 

Dare I suggest the chap who fitted it needs to fit it a little better.There is no need for any fitting to leak. There is an insert that he should have fitted that comes with the Thetford unit precisely to stop what is happening to your toilet.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

Dare I suggest the chap who fitted it needs to fit it a little better.There is no need for any fitting to leak. There is an insert that he should have fitted that comes with the Thetford unit precisely to stop what is happening to your toilet.

Agreed on all points. I had to fit the little reducer on mine. 

2 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, sounds like the 'mechanic' that always ends up with a tray full of bits that used to be somewhere after every job he does!

The only outcome of dropping your pump pressure will be a toilet that nearly works, and a dribble out of your taps - possibly affecting hot water if using an instant gas water heater. 

Edited by BWM

9 minutes ago, BWM said:

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, sounds like the 'mechanic' that always ends up with a tray full of bits that used to be somewhere after every job he does!

I like it !  Many a true word spoken in jest - but so.... true. There are few rules for narrowboats (even the BSS regulations change from time to time)  - so much of it is guesswork. Enter the fixit.