replacement glass

Featured Posts

About two weeks ago I noticed one of my windows (rearmost) has shattered. It had been moored with that side on the offside, so no idea how long it's been like that, possibly up to a month. At the moment, the glass is still in place and as I was going on holiday, I decided it was better to leave it as is. I'm back from holiday now and keen to sort it out.

Can anyone advise contact details for the manufacturer please. I was planning on cutting some perspex but if a new pane is available off the shelf, that'd save some time. In the mean time, I'm going to cover both sides of the broken pane with some transparent film.

Rob

PS.

This picture is from when the boat went back into the water after Kedian Engineering had overplated the bottom and sides. I've been really pleased with their workmanship. Will do some sort of writeup about it if it's of any interest.

20180501_130722.jpg

It should be tempered glass and that cannot be done on site. when I did mine (not louvered) it took about a week to get the glass. local glazier cut the panes and then sent them off to be tempered.

I got mine from the local double glassing company, I gave them a hard board template of what I wanted and how thick the glass needed to be and like the Pete.i's posting above it took about a week to arrive

Edited by ditchcrawler
Another posting appeared

If it's one of the louvered windows 6.4mm laminated glass should fit. Available from glass merchants and can be cut while you wait. Just get the top and bottom edges edged/polished.

If fixed pane with frame then 4mm toughened needed. Unless you can get 4mm laminated or Perspex.

James.

Edited by canals are us?

Thanks for the replies.

It's the fixed curved window. From experience with getting curved laminated glass cut for my pre war car. It took a couple of weeks and despite giving them the original as a pattern, didn't fit. So I think I'll get a sheet of perspex and cut it myself.

Rob